Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a friend a REVOLATION, REVELATION, REVALATION Model 330 410. It was sold by Sears. Does anyone have one that they might sell or know where one is for my friend? PM me if you do. Thanks

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Are you sure it was sears? I believe Revelation was a private label sold by Western Auto stores.

I think it was a bolt action built by Mossberg.

-Gary

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told by my friend that it was a break open gun that had the opening trigger in front of the trigger guard. It didn't have the standard top lever like other guns. He wishes to give it to his grandson as his first shotgun.

·
Registered
16,721 Posts
Talk to your friend. A .410 is not a good choice for a first gun, even though it was common practice in the days of my youth.

Even experts have trouble with the 410. If money permits, the ideal is a 20 gauge gas gun, like a Youth 1100. Buying a full size one and putting a youth stock on it while the kid grows is ideal.

HM

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is his choice and that is what he wants for his grandson. He asked me to look for one and I said I would. If you know of any please let me know.

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
Stevens made .410 exposed hammer break actions that have a press-to-release lever in front of the trigger guard.

The original was the 9478 with adult size stocks and barrels of 26", 28", 30" and 36", all with full choke. They were made in 12, 16, 20 & 410.

And the 9478-Y with youth stock and a 26" barrel. It was made in .410 with a full choke and 20 ga with a mod choke.

There's also a 9478-10 Waterfowl in 10 ga with a 36" full choke barrel. Bet it's a real joy to shoot.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Talk grandpa out of that idea. Get the kid a 28ga 1100, & he can learn to love shooting, and keep the gun his whole life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.