Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a 391 bolt closer lever, like the Briley EZ Bolt Release or similar.
Send PM if you have one you want to sell.
Thank You

Mike

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Figures...I just sent off a check to a guy who had one for sale.
But I'll take yours too for my other 391. Send me a PM if you find it.

Thanks.

Mike

·
Supporting Vendor
10,139 Posts
The first run of Angleport levers were cast and did break, the second run looked similar but were made of a much stronger steel alloy and DID NOT break. The third run (for about the past 5 years or so) were stainless steel and are the best closure on the market in my opinion because it offers more leverage being that it is longer than the Briley and therefor works better.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I had an Anglreport closer on my 391 pigeon gun, kept closing while carrying from ring to ring. Took it off and put it on a 390 trapgun, works fine. The point is, that if you are carrying gun with your hand around receiver, you will close the bolt when you don't want to, i.e. sporting clays, flyers, etc. OK for a stationary game, 'tho.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,139 Posts
The folks at Angleport are some of the nicest people you would ever want to deal with. They were even replacing bolt closures for scum bags who CLAIMED that their closure was broken, even though they never had one in the first place. I tried warning them about this.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That is good to hear. I love their (Angle Port) trigger boots. I only install the Briley EZ levers these days though. I guess the bottom line is whichever is the easiest for the shooter to have installed is the best. Both levers close the bolt with minimal effort by the shooter...
Thanks,
Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.