Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy: Bolt closer for 391 Beretta: You know, the kind that fits over or replaces the little button on the right side of the receiver. Folks want a ton of bucks for these, like 8% of the total cost of the gun!!! Ridiculous..so I'm looking for a used one that somebody doesn't need anymore.
In fact, some suppliers want upwards of $70.00...help, I'm admittedly thrifty if not cheap.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
David,
The reason they cost a lot is that they drill and tap a new latch button which itself would cost about $25. You could actually make your own for just about nothing by drilling and tapping the original button, and then screwing on some kind of homemade latch.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
if you need a shell catcher as well, you may want to look at the new one from T&S that has a built in bolt closer. Had one for two years now and it works like a charm. Paid $15.00 for it. JM

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a puregold for $60.00 was easy to put in and makes shooting and loading much easier. Much reduced effort to push button.

·
Registered
182 Posts
After checking the various models I went with Briley, no drilling, no taping. Works great for my wife as she was always telling me she didn't like the stock one. She is either wimpy or it broke a nail. :>)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.