Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a fast release trigger - possible 7 pound solid set, and 5 1/2 pound release, not much creep. Possibly with overtravel screw in
trigger guard.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
I have either trigger but the problem is that I am not sure you can get those pressures without some really special springs. Most conversions use the factory springs. The overtravel screw is not a big deal as when you set the trigger is is all the way back against the stop. Wait I got out my calculator. That is 112 ounces set and 60 release. I do not think you could come anywhere close to that. The trigger is mostly about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds set and about 1 3/4 to 2 pounds release.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your advice, Joe. I was hoping to get something a lot faster than
what I have. Pat Gottberg installs overtravel screws in 303 triggers, but you're right, it seems my 391 trigger is all the way back before it sets.

My 1100 trigger is very fast and I'm trying to get something close to it on my 391. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
on the 1100 it is easy to replace the spring with a stronger spring and that makes it faster. The 1100 uses a hook that grabs the sear and pulls it back. The spring that you see on the top can be replaced to make it faster or slower. Make sure that you also replace the hammer spring as it does get weak. The same holds true for the beretta. People need to replace the hammer spring with the new style one to restore the hammer speed. Problem is that I do not think that springs are available for the beretta to speed it up. People can shape the release hook to make it a bit faster but it then gets to the edge that it might pull through or not set properly because the hook is too small on the hammer. You also know that the 303/390 assembly is different then the 391 but they are interchangeable but do not fit correctly but work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.