also looking for a.25 TCU barrel,and a .30 TCU barrel

tnx,Tom

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Above

These are Thompson Center barrels chambered in .25(257)TCU,and 30(308)TCU--

I might be interested in a Bullberry barrel,in these calibers-IF THE PRICE WAS RIGHT

Thanks,Tom

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Uh, none of my business, but can you say "7 TCU"? Herrett is labor intensive to load and as I recall requires fire forming. And the 7 TCU makes things so simple in comparison for the same result. Just stirring the pot, but....I had a Herrett barrel years ago and what a pain...But I am sure there are advantages that I did not explore.

But won't a Dillon case trimmer take care of business for a bunch of calibers?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chango2
Thanks for the reply and your ideas.---

I have the 6 TCU-6.5 TCU-and-7 TCU barrels.and a few other T/C barrels.I enjoy building the ctgs for the different wildcats(T/C barrels) that are available.

At this time,I dont have any Dillon equipment--I do like the catalog though..

Tom

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I "hear ya" Tallend. I remember making the Herrett round and headspace was critical; getting the coa was a bit of a pain. I imagine if I had started with fresh brass, things would have been much easier. Gosh, "playing" with a TC Contender has been years. I have a hunch you may find what you are looking for at some magazine/club that caters to the silhouette shooting hobby. As I recall, the 7 TCU became popular as .223 brass became more and more common.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the dies you are looking for but can't fine them yet .Buttttt i did find 48 cases made with 30-30 brass with those dies.had a t/c in 1977? blew a foot long flame out the barrel when fired.was asked to move away from range house,afaid i would break the windows out with the muzzle blast. let me know if intrested. ad johnson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.