Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Anythings is possible, but --- Knowing what I have invested in my 28 guage O/U's you are going to have trouble buying a Beretta, Browning, or even a Ruger for that amount. I would think you might be able to buy a Hugu (made in Turkey) for those numbers, but -- o well, better not said.

You also might want to contact Bill Hanus Bird Guns, he deals in some lower priced guns, as well as higher end, your choice. Try www.billhanusbirdguns.com

A pump or semi-auto you could probably buy for close to that amount, your friend might want to consider that.

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
868 Posts
Maybe a charles daly, stevens or miroku. Also the russian remingtons came in 28ga and were like 500 new. I have seen some used remington Premiers around (Italian made) for around 900. I have seen well used Rugers go for 900.
Try a gunbroker.com search

·
Registered
120 Posts
Check with Hi Grade. They have a Ruger on the website Higradeshooters.com for $895. Its not a Perazzi but seems to be a good value. Tom I am sorry if this damages your credibility in any way.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Wolf --

No it doesn't hurt me in any way, just telling the truth as a know it.

I have four 28 guage shotguns. The lowest priced ones are a Franchi semi-auto I bought new for $1350.00; then recently a used Remington 1100 Sporting Clay for $1,100.00 and then my Browning Ultra was around $2,000.00 a few years ago; and then I also have a Beretta Silver Pigeon with two sets of 28 inch barrels, one set in 28 guage and another in 20 guage. The Beretta was much higher priced.

I have heard good things about the Ruger 28 guage, I believe it is the best O/U they make. I have owned both a 20 and 12 and was not to sorry to see them go. I would suggest the man check the 28 guage Ruger out, as they sell new for around $1,500.00.

Tom Strunk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.