Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas is close, we live in San Diego and haven't seen .22LR for sale here for almost a year. Tried to get some from BassPro on their Cyber Monday on-line ad, limit 2 boxes of the 333 Federals. They sold out in 3 minutes, none to buy on-line, phone orders, or off the shelves! PM or email if you have some to sell please.. Thanks, LarryB

·
Registered
264 Posts
Try Gunbroker.com/ammunition. There are scads of .22 ammunition for sale, mostly at absurd prices, but if you will look carefully, there is a good supply at almost reasonable priced offerings. You won't find any at the pre-paranoid price but you can come close. Shipping is what really gives you a kick in the stomach. I just bought a brick of Eley Match for a price that was only $1.87/box of 50 higher than the last I bought from Midway last January including shipping.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Bookmark WikiArms web-site^^^^^^^And check it 2-8 times a day.

I just got 350 rounds of Winchester for $15.00, and a 100 rounds of Remington for $4.99 from Cabela's, delivered free, today. Less than $20.00 to my door.

Check Wiki often, every day, have your credit card ready. That deal from Cabelas lasted two hours. A few weeks ago I got a brick of Aguila from Midway for $28.99. Check Wiki often, and you will get .22 ammo.

Wayne

·
Supporting Vendor
5,493 Posts
The going rate on Gunbroker.com is $50 to $70 per brick including shipping. The supply is abundant at these prices.

You can find .22 ammo at WalMart for $20 to $25 per brick. Just find out when the trucks come in and be there when they unload (usually around 4:00 PM).

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

·
Supporting Vendor
5,493 Posts
I went to my local Wal-Mart yesterday at 4:15 PM. There were two guys at the Sporting Goods counter. The person behind the counter was dressed in a white shirt and tie so I guessed he was a manager. He said there was a case of .22 ammo on the truck that was being unloaded now. I decided to wait until they got the .22 ammo off the truck. The three of us waited for 30 minutes and the manager came out with a case of Federal 550 bulk pack .22 LR HP ammo (10 of the 550's in the case). By the time he got the case opened there were four of us waiting for the ammo. The three of us that had waited for more than 30 minutes expected to get 3 each. Then the manager declared only one per customer! He said "take it or leave it" when we objected to his change in policy.

I bought mine and went home and picked up the wife. She got #9 out of the 10 available.

The cost was $25.65 per 550 pack including the sales tax (7%).

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

·
Supporting Vendor
5,493 Posts
If you have a Gander Mountain in your area find out when their truck comes with ammo. Thursday is the day for ours. They put the .22 ammo out on Friday morning. You might need to stand in line a while but you will be able to buy something.

The best days to go are bad weather days. We had ice and snow yesterday so the supply of .22 ammo lasted until 10:00 AM.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor<br>West Central Indiana

1 - 9 of 9 Posts