Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody even make one of these? A 10ga autoloader kicks hard enough for me!

I get it, an April Fools joke.

ec90t

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
My 10 guage SP 10 remington does not kick as much as my 870 with trap loads. By the way it is still for sale.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey,

Call me I know where there is a 101 that was converted to 10 gauge.

Take care,

Jim

405-408-6525

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
As one that formerly performed warranty service and repair for Remington (in the golden years), the SP10 is one of the best shooting Big Tens around. Recoil reduction is paramount, and the big Green does the trick.

Why anyone would want a fixed breech Ten is beyond me. (whew)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doug you would kill it and cleen it with one shot if there was anything left.

The only 10 ga. that I have experience with is a Ithaca autoloader.

ec90t

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I don't know if there is a current production 10ga O/U but there were some foreign made ones, I believe Spanish made. The recoil has to be a killer.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Until geese get bigger, tougher, faster, smarter and start wearing flack jackets, I'll continue to use a 2 3/4" 12ga.

Don't know about a 10ga in an O/U, but there are 10ga SXS guns floating around, mostly older Spanish guns. In as much as most of the cheaper and older Spanish guns were known to double, I would probably load one shell at a time.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Richland model 810 is what I have. These were made in italy and back in theh lead days this gun had no equal. It is a double trigger O/U ten ga mag. That said I also own two SP-10 Remingtons and I suggest you buy an SP-10 Remington. A remington SP-10 with steel shot kicks like a trap gun. When the Superblack eagle benili's came out and all my buddys bought them they couldn't believe the diffrence in recoil between my Remington's in 10 ga and the 3 1/2 inch Benili's. Not only that the Big tens reach farther. If lead were still legal I would buy a Soft Touch or a g-Squared and put it on my Richland but with steel loads being only 1 1/2 or so the SP-10 is just a joy to shooot. I have shot 2OZ lead loads in it and they kick but nothing like they do in the O/U 10 mag. Jeff

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Here ya go. San Marco 10ga o/u.

There is also a 10ga o/u with 23 inch barrels. Bet that thing has some muzzle blast.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=69242657

Jim

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thank's repeteclay!.

I would really like to see photo's of it, is this conversion something you made or had made?.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think American Arms made a 10 guage O/U. I saw one several years ago in a local shop. I have a Browning BPS. Great gun. Every year or so I load up some lead loads and shoot a round of trap with it. Great fun to watch the fire shoot out the barrel over a foot during night shoots.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes We had a American Arms 10 O/U still see a few of them they shoot nice not terrible on recoil I would guess you should be able to find a used one 400-550 range . I have since put my dbls away and went to a Br Gold 10 love it! Also went to a terror chocke on it and shoots awesum!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.