Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Lyman (old manual from the Loadbooks compilation "Complete Loading Manual for the 12 Gauge Shotshell") shows 3 "low recoil" loads - but with Federal GM hull, NOT Top Gun...

One is 7 /8 oz shot, 20.0 gr WST, Fed 209A primer, 12SO wad with (2) 20 ga .125" cards under shot, for 1194 fps @6300 psi.

Mike B

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cards increase stack height for better crimps.

Very low weight so mass of payload not significantly changed.

jk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Back in the 199o's I started loading 7/8 oz. loads and at the time there was not a wealth of data published out there . Because I always used 700x powder I called Dupont Powder Co. and they connected me to the Ballistics Lab . I told the lab tech what I wanted to do ,he took my info and said he would send me a list of loads the next week . He did I reloaded that load until 201o. Since then I have purchased cases of shells ever since . I would call Winchester Powders parent company and try to talk to the Ballistic Techs that create the loads . Tell them the components you would like to use and I am sure they will give you a wealth of loads . I am retired now and plan to start reloading soon as I shoot these 16 cases of factory loads. 7/8 oz. loads break them just as good all the way to the back fence . Good luck !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts