Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a friends house yesterday morning to help him set up his brand new, in the box, MEC 9000E. Unpacked everything and attached the unit to the Automate but things just didn't look right. It ends up that the loader was a 28ga, The box was clearly marked as a 12ga. loader but the model number confirmed that it was 28ga. It was obvious that a 12ga. shell was not going into the shell holder. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? The shame was that it was an hour+ drive to his house and nothing was accomplised.

Don in PA

·
Registered
261 Posts
So Colonel, his purpose was to state a point and ask an inquiry. Well this was certainly the place to state and ask. Thanks for answering my question.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mec is making things right . I talked to the unlucky recipient of the loader today. Mec is overnighting him a new 9000E 12 gauge automate and issuing a call tag for him to send the 28 gauge back . Mistakes do happen. Glad it did not happen to me because I would now be the proud owner of a new 28 gauge shotgun

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Mec is making things right . I talked to the unlucky recipient of the loader today. Mec is overnighting him a new 9000E 12 gauge automate and issuing a call tag for him to send the 28 gauge back . Mistakes do happen. Glad it did not happen to me because I would now be the proud owner of a new 28 gauge shotgun
+1 on the 28. Even discounting the fact that they're more fun to shoot, you definitely can reload 28 gauge less expensively than 12 gauge. SAVE MONEY, SHOOT A 28!!!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Many years ago, I ordered myself a Grabber from a catalog. When it arrived, I unpacked it, but thought it didn't look like what I thought a Grabber looked like. I soon realised it was a 9000. The box was clearly marked as a Grabber, but I was just as happy to receive a 9000, so I just shut up and kept it. I didn't feel too bad about keeping it, because a.) I ordered and paid for a Grabber, b.) the box was clearly marked Grabber, with all the right data and numbers for it to be a Grabber, and c.) it had passed through MEC loading & shipping, a distributor, and the catalog company, without anyone finding any discrepancy in the description and what was in the box. I figured somebody meant me to have a good day, and I wasn't going to disappoint them by sending it back.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
people dont load boxes anymore. robots and preprogrammed leading edge technology do.
lol.
look at it this way. someone out there with a 28ga has your 12ga loader!
yep...good ole advances in modern technology!
but then again...i could be wrong. maybe someone did pack it wrong but didnt notice it because they were tweeting someone. lol.
call mec....theyll make it right.
ask them to send you a ups shipping label for free return. driver will pick it up, scan it, and send it off to someone needing a 20ga loader. :>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts