Trapshooters Forum banner

Wow the new AA hulls aint what they used to be......

6658 67
Daily reminder Check your hulls fellas!
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Registered
1,636 Posts
To you folks with these split hulls after one or two reloads…. Not sure what you’re putting in them or shooting them out of, but I’ve got AAHS hulls loaded way more than 5 times that don’t even approach that condition. Mercy!
I’ll have to agree with you. I usually pitch them after the 6th reload. Not because they are splitting like that but by then their starting to look pretty nasty especially the red ones.

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To you folks with these split hulls after one or two reloads…. Not sure what you’re putting in them or shooting them out of, but I’ve got AAHS hulls loaded way more than 5 times that don’t even approach that condition. Mercy!
Can't speak for anyone else but my load is straight from hodgons website with real Winchester wads and 1 1/8 ounce of shot

· Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Can't speak for anyone else but my load is straight from hodgons website with real Winchester wads and 1 1/8 ounce of shot
Not criticizing your load, just sayin’ I’ve loaded AAHS since they came out and CF before that. Mostly 1.125 oz @ 1145 and 1200 FPS with Green Dot or similar burning powder. Win primers, CB and recently some DR wads. I’ve experienced that kind of split hull maybe 2-3 times. Like Donnie above, mine usually get loaded as “throwaway” hulls when I can hardly discern the color or they get pinholes at the bottom of the crimp fold. Everybody’s loading technique and loads are different, and I’m guessing the size of the chamber they’re shot in might have some bearing on hull life.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.