Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daaamn, I'm a happy guy today, got my shotgun fix for the day. Thank You Target Shotguns .... I ordered a left hand grip for my BT99AR with the PFS stock.. after deciding this gun is a keeper. Obviously, it had the right hand grip on it when I purchased this gun, I was still shooting right handed. Well, as many know, I ran into eye problems with my right eye, "macular hole in my retina", so I switched over to learning to shoot left handed. All my guns are right handed, so it's time to either sell or modify them. Decided to sell the KX6 and keep the BT99AR and 725 trap combo. I ordered the grip tuesday, it just came in this morning, awesome service and delivery from Target Shotguns. I've been shooting the 725 unsingle and doing pretty good, got my average up to around 17-19 birds ... but I shot the 99 a few time in between and seemed to shoot it well.. so I decided last week, to stick with the 99, park the 725 until I get a new left hand stock and then decide whether to get some trigger work done or have release triggers installed. Last night I shot 3 rounds of wobble trap with the 99, still have the right hand grip on it and shot 19,19,21 .... I'm feeling it!! It's taken me a month to begin getting consistent knocking down the birds and I feel it won't be much longer until I can get back to busting some respectable numbers ...

PFS.jpg

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So now you are basically fatal one-eyed shooter left-handed am I right in assuming that how hard was it to change from right hand 2 lefthand?

Pap 4
Hey Pap ..... From what everyone has been telling me .... it's not supposed to be this easy. But I started off with a 15 the 1st round shooting lefty. It's been a pretty steady, but what seems like forever climb to consistency. But it's been, I guess, about 6 weeks and I seem to be averaging around 19 the last week... I've shot from 14 all the way up to a 24 just not consistent. I'm shooting tomorrow morning, we'll see if I can keep around 19 birds or higher. If I can, it's game on..

When I 1st started lefty, the hard part was getting my feet and body turned opposite from what I had been doing, next has been to get my body to move to the bird, hold points are all the same. But the body has to function opposite from what it had been doing. Bottom line, I believe anyone can do it .... if they really want or had to do it.. I had no choice, it was change or quit ... and I ain't quitting.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy Smokes!!! I shot this morning..... 21,18,20,24 .... I'm getting there. The 18 was a few too many flinches and a couple of bird chips falling under my bird from the skeet field next to us ...!! The 24 was the last round, the skeet guys were done.. I was able to really focus. I can't say the new left hand PFS grip really made a difference, as my palm still hangs past the end of the grip.. really not much difference from the right hand grip, just an extra inch of material for the palm. There's no palm swell on either grip either. I had asked if there was one and told there was.. I may call them next week and see if they can extend the palm portion of the grip. Bottom line though, don't want to sound like I'm complaining.. but there's definitely room for improvement on the grip. I do have large hands, maybe others wouldn't notice it as much as I do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts