Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A small group of people here in PA, are looking to hold a shoot to benefit: Wounded Warriors.

So I am sending out "feelers" so see if the cost is out of touch, or if you would be willing to pony up and shoot.

Shoot is to be Held on April 26, 2014 Rain Date May 3, 2014
It will be held at West Chester Gun Club, on Boot Road.
It is a 50 Bird shoot,
Lunch is included.

$50.00 Tax deductible.
$10.00 Lewis
No trophies, the winners will be the Veterans.

BUT

The Lewis will be broken down into 25%-25%-50%
so 25% of the total lewis money on the first 25
25% on second 25
and 50% on the total.
The classes will be dependent on the number of Lewis participants.

I realize it seems a little steep, but it does benefit those that have allowed us to shoot for sport, while they have shot to save their lives.

Thank you for your participation.

Questions? Please ask, I will try and answer them for you, if not, I will forward to the people in charge.

TH Wallace

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I routinely pay $100 plus attending Sporting Clays Wounded Warrior shoots. I think the last one was $125, so $50 for a trap event is not unreasonable for a worthy cause.

Usually the sporting clays clubs have a few local sponsors. Have you considered approaching anyone with the selling point being Wounded Warriors? I've won flash lights, duck calls, car washes, gift certificates for local eating establishments, and on and on at many shoots throughout the years.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I took part in a SC shoot to benefit the Freedom Hunters which is a group that takes wounded vets hunting and fishing. One of the things that made this special was that they squaded a wounded vet with each team. Had a great time and it raised quite a bit of $$. You need to get the word out and you will probably have no trouble filling the event.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I think it's great what you want to do, and I'm sure you don't want to misrepresent what the participants can get as a tax deduction.

You can't simply collect the money and use it to benefit wounded veterans. There has to be a recognized charitable organization involved. Besides that, the allowable tax deduction has to be reduced by the value of any good and services received and that would be the lunch and rounds shot.

Those are the rules. I didn't make them. Don't shoot the messenger.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I understand, the facility, rounds and the food are being donated. Please dont hold me to that.

And as you stated, Dont shoot the messenger. I am just helping them decide what a good price would be.

Thank you for your input.

Ted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts