Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have used both and they seem to work equally well. I assume when you say clear, you mean uncolored but opaque.

Actually, I like the old Browning dots only because they had NO adhesive unlike the ones that are being sold now. The ones with adhesive do not lend themselves to being repositioned once applied.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Bob

The clear are great for Ranger Sporter glasses with clipons. You put the dot on the clear lens, and therefore only have to place one.

Tom Stewart

mtatom_2008_030318.jpg

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I use the old Magic Dot which is static instead of being sticky. I use the appropriate color for the lens. Honestly I don't see a difference between the clear or color match dots.

Bryan

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, Browning no longer makes Dots. If interested you can find both colored and clear at the above URL. No sticky stuff is used, they can be repositioned easily, and no residue remains.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have found my eye was seeing the target through the dot. I switched to a piece of black electrical tape. The eye cannot see through it at all. A whole lot cheaper too ...

Good Luck...Nick

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I make you own dots with scrap materials I get from a membrane switch manufacturer (translucent membrane and clear cling material). Colorless for day light and black for shooting under the lights. I make the black dots "magic" by applying the cling material to a piece of 1 1/2" wide black electical tape. I cut the dots with a 3/4" gasket punch.

MK

·
Registered
56 Posts
I keep a roll of clear scotch tape in my shooting box for my 4-H kids. It's translucent instead of transparent. It's cheap, leaves no residue, and works well when trying to train a dominant eye to take over for the youngsters. The other good thing about it is that I can adjust the "size" of the dot so it only covers what is needed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Colored and clear dots are easy to use. They can be repositioned with no residue and can be trimed to desire.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I used the dots when they first came out approx. 20 years ago. They were very inexpensive. When the price went rediculous,I went to translucient scotch tape. Position it so you see the target come out with both eyes. Works fine for me. Clyde

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.