Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Would you shoot this reload - Part 2

5K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Flinch king 
#1 ·
OK - There were many exc. ideas and suggestions about the imperfect reloads that occur from time to time. I like the ideas of NOT putting the split hull reloads in the chamber and pulling the trigger

Pink Ammunition Bullet Shotgun Material property

Since we have the unloader close - by , we can take them apart

Wood

I use a 600 jr. to remove the live primer, very little pressure is required to do this, safety glasses are required.

Coil spring Pink Suspension Suspension part Auto part

As far as the mangled crimp reloads looking all ugly, most shooters say they are ok for practice, maybe not the best for tournaments and leagues.

Button Metal Brass Bronze Fashion accessory

See less See more
#11 ·
<blockquote><I>"As far as the mangled crimp reloads looking all ugly, most shooters say they are ok for practice, maybe not the best for tournaments and leagues."</I></blockquote>Another moronic statement!

Do golfers practice for tournaments with cut balls? Do tennis players practice with "dead" tennis balls? Do snipers train with Wal-Mart ammo?

If it's not good enough to compete with, why would it good enough to prepare for competition?

Keller

#12 ·
O.K. I had to come back to this: if your using candle wax to seal a shell, you have an open flame in your reloading area.......My 12 yr old granddaughter would know better. Come on guys. i once saw a man get severely burned through mishandling [playing with] gunpowder. it nearly killed him. Stop it. Bill

#13 ·
WE had an old guy used to come to the shoots that had terrible burns on the side of his face neck and down his chest.He told us he was pouring powder out of a 12 pound keg directly into the loader when static set it off. He said it was like a 12 pound model rocket engine and was lucky to be alive.Sure broke me of that habit , I alwys pour into a cup then to the loader.That was 30 years ago. Jeff

#21 ·
what about the as seen on t.v. stuff that you can seal a boat bottom screen door with???as far as the split goes if your not paying enough attention after firing it to see if the entire hull was clear,and you knew you shot the split hull,then maybe you should not be shooting a shotgun,ive disposed of quite a few of these,and always inspect the hull after firing,after taking the time to load a split hull(not on purpouse),im not wasting the time to not shoot it,but do cull them for informal practice,and i make it a practice to look down the barrels after every shot wheather it was a split shell or not,just part of my routine....mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.