Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - There were many exc. ideas and suggestions about the imperfect reloads that occur from time to time. I like the ideas of NOT putting the split hull reloads in the chamber and pulling the trigger

hwy13_2010_200822.jpg

Since we have the unloader close - by , we can take them apart

hwy13_2010_200823.jpg

I use a 600 jr. to remove the live primer, very little pressure is required to do this, safety glasses are required.

hwy13_2010_200824.jpg

As far as the mangled crimp reloads looking all ugly, most shooters say they are ok for practice, maybe not the best for tournaments and leagues.

hwy13_2010_200825.jpg

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Repair the split with a couple coats of clear nail polish and ugly crimps like the one shown are not a problem. HMB

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Lets see now..... a reload is probably $.20 ??? An eye? a finger? a barrel? a burned rought spot in the chamber? a missed bird? Its just not worth the gamble. Larry

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
THROW IT AWAY STUPID!!!!! nail polish indeed. CANDLE WAX??? In the words of Struther Martin: "I'm surrounded by morons" Bill

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
<blockquote><I>"As far as the mangled crimp reloads looking all ugly, most shooters say they are ok for practice, maybe not the best for tournaments and leagues."</I></blockquote>Another moronic statement!

Do golfers practice for tournaments with cut balls? Do tennis players practice with "dead" tennis balls? Do snipers train with Wal-Mart ammo?

If it's not good enough to compete with, why would it good enough to prepare for competition?

Keller

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
O.K. I had to come back to this: if your using candle wax to seal a shell, you have an open flame in your reloading area.......My 12 yr old granddaughter would know better. Come on guys. i once saw a man get severely burned through mishandling [playing with] gunpowder. it nearly killed him. Stop it. Bill

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
WE had an old guy used to come to the shoots that had terrible burns on the side of his face neck and down his chest.He told us he was pouring powder out of a 12 pound keg directly into the loader when static set it off. He said it was like a 12 pound model rocket engine and was lucky to be alive.Sure broke me of that habit , I alwys pour into a cup then to the loader.That was 30 years ago. Jeff

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
What a bunch of sissies, As long as it will hold powder and shot it will be ok!!! That hull probably has 5-6 loadings left before it splits out the end.

Jim

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
I wonder if that guy was one of the foolish that have their loaders connected to an electrical outlet?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.