Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could i take a 1oz shell open it up take 1/4oz of steel shot out and replace it with 1/4oz of tss shot?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
You can but the 1/4 oz of TSS shot will take up much less space than the 1/4 oz of steel shot did. You would need to add some type of filler to get a good crimp.

If you use plastic beads to take up the space you created by removing 1/4 oz of steel shot make sure your filler material and the TSS shot doesn't weigh more than the steel shot you removed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Could i take a 1oz shell open it up take 1/4oz of steel shot out and replace it with 1/4oz of tss shot?
Honest question, please forgive my ignorance! What is the purpose, what do you want to accomplish? Truly, not being snarky.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hunt geese and sometimes they are a little out there.TSS shells are $5.00 bucks a shot . I saw federal was selling duplex shells with tss shot mixed with steel so I thought I would reload some.I have the tss on hand and some 3" winchester shells. That's it. ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I hunt geese and sometimes they are a little out there.TSS shells are $5.00 bucks a shot . I saw federal was selling duplex shells with tss shot mixed with steel so I thought I would reload some.I have the tss on hand and some 3" winchester shells. That's it. ;)
Check the "shotshells, reloading, ballistics, and chokes" forum on the duck hunting chat website. There are a few threads that pertain to your question on the first page.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts