Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the target season on the line, including the state shoots...

Do you think it would work to have club members shoot their state scores at their local club, with everyone phoning in the results each day?

To avoid 400+ people in any one place?

Or is this just the last act of a desperate mind? (the Minister on Blazing Saddles had a better line)

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Only if I get a handicap of 1 target for each mile/hour of wind. :147:

Hawaii shooters often get accused of sandbagging, because we shoot great scores in ideal conditions.
I guess it could be considered sandbagging, when we shoot anyway when it is 25 miles/hr with gust to 35. but hey, on a registered target day: I gotta drive, take a ferry, rent a car or someone picks me up, I am shooting. If 2 other shooters are willing to join me, the targets are registered.

Jason

·
Registered
34,300 Posts
Sure it would work, but if your location is experiencing 30 mph winds and the shoots elsewhere have no wind, do you want to face that challenge or do your competitors elsewhere have an unfair advantage?

Reactions: Gussers

·
Registered
274 Posts
Let's just all go out in the back yard, throw some targets by hand and post up our scores and who had the most fun. No crowds, no virus, no travel, no fees, nothin' but some fun.... I'm actually half serious. Maybe I should have made this it's own post, sorry for the partial hyjack, couldn't help myself...cabin fever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts