Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys are nuts! Would some one tell me how to make this a clickable link? Thanks, Jeff http://youtu.be/DLRwkrBZzsA

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DLRwkrBZzsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

click on embed under the video then right click and then copy. go to where you want to share then right click and then paste.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I see them during the summer with inboard outboard V-8's but this with 3 - 300 Merc's is the cats meow .

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
We have a pontoon just about like that one sans the furniture, and engines, I put a 55 LB thrust Minn Kota I think I figured the top end was about .5 MPH, but I might have been a little slower

When I was younger my Dad had a friend that was an engineer and he owned a pretty good sized machine shop, he built a pontoon with two 427 Ford engines on it, he added a hydrofoil under it and at a certain speed he would drop the hydrofoil, don't know how fast it would go but it would haul A$$, he could tow 7 skiers at a time

I think it got about .2 MPG though

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Yoteslayer said:
"Someone will die on that boat."
OR...more likely, someone will die on the boat they T-bone.
When I lived in Tennessee, we never saw a Summer pass without some idiot in a massively overpowered, testosterone loaded, metalflake Bass Boat run down a TVA lake @ 80-90 mph and drive her slap into a houseboat in the dark, in the fog, etc..
We see a lot of it down here in Florida too. Some people have this silly belief that since they're smart enough to have the cash to be able to afford a $100,000.00 offshore speedboat...they MUST be smart enough to know how to operate it.
Oh well...."Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies"

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
My Pontoon only had a 30 HP outboard, it was not that fast but I enjoyed every minute I spent on it. Most of the time I sat under the top relaxing with a fishing pole and a sweet iced tea. It never crossed my mind to make a race model of a floating patio.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts