Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a release trigger installed, modified the rib to shoot higher, made longer posts to 2" inch posts over fatory 1 inch posts, then I jacked the rib up almost as high as it will go, moved the trigger all the way back.

Now all I have left to do is shoot it, when it gets warmer.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
What happened to the CG?

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are the pictures I cut the rib so it would go down completely against the Bbl at the muzzle, and loosened the rib locking screws and slid the rib up, but it can still go higher, and locked the screws back down, and then to see over the rib I got 2-10/24 stainless steel screws 2 inches long and 2 10/24 stainless steel nuts to lock down the screws I replaced the factory ones with
so I could see over the Bbl, I now have much more adjustment capability on the comb height, you can see by the mount of spacers I installed. Also you can see I removed the rib adjusting screw so I could raise the rib higher than factory max setting.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also installed a KICKS EXTENDED FULL CHOKE TUBE W/.035 restriction w/ factory .741 bore comes to .706 Choke Tube, This really works great Plus I sell KICK'S Choke tubes. And I have a Thurman Gobel Release trigger installed in the gun.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was looking at my XT unsingle and thinking about cutting the back half of the rib off so it would be a half rib. I held a few half ribbed P guns and loved how you could see the target so much faster with out the back part of the rib in your way. You could cut the rib so it still would be held by the middle adjustment and the one at the muzzle end of the barrel. I just don't know how you would get the ramped part of the rib that is attached to the barrel off without screwing up the barrel. That and I figured it would kill the resale value. Huntinandhotrods

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Johnny I shot it last Friday night, it shot a little low but I had the comb as high as it would go w/factory pins, so I made some major adjustments.

I think I will like the results

Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.