Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sleep...What’s That?
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot my first 50 straight at the KTA Summer Handicap shoot yesterday. It was a great day…a little hot at 104 degrees with 60 percent humidity, but things were moving along smoothly and the A/C in the clubhouse was of great relief between events.

I struck up a friendship with a nice lady I met at a shoot a couple months ago who has her son shooting at the events. Her 13 year old son has out shot me at every event so far, but I think he must be my lucky rabbit’s foot because my first 25 happened when he was shooting in my squad as well. He still out-shoots me though…that’s fun to watch! It happened on my singles…I shot a 23-25-25-21...he shot a 97!

WooHoo!

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Congratulations!

As shooting coach once said, "Impress me with your low scores, not the high scores." A shooter with your ability has no room for 21's on his score sheet.

Keep working on mental preparation, target focus and correct fundamentals. You're well on your way.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Congratulations Tiny. I have got a few 49''s but can't get the elephant to leave the room. BTW small world, I used to live in Ark City mid 80's to early 90's. Great place to live when the pig plant was still there, but it has a steam engine in the park! On to 100 straight now! Good Luck, Steve

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Great job. Unbeknownst to you, that young lad you are shooting with, is pushing you to shoot to your full potential. I have always found I shoot better when shooting with better shooters.

You'll be seeing that 75 patch on there before you know it.

·
Sleep...What’s That?
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heading up for another day if the Summer Handicap today...hopefully another one in my quiver.

Congratulations!

As shooting coach once said, "Impress me with your low scores, not the high scores." A shooter with your ability has no room for 21's on his score sheet.

Keep working on mental preparation, target focus and correct fundamentals. You're well on your way.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!
Yea I have small mental lapses that seem to come out of no where! All four of those misses were on post one, one shot I knew I missed, the other 3 seemed solid...I really had no idea what happened.

Snip...BTW small world, I used to live in Ark City mid 80's to early 90's. Great place to live when the pig plant was still there, but it has a steam engine in the park! On to 100 straight now! Good Luck, Steve
I moved here in 89 and had never lived in a small town all my life. The first time I came into town I thought what the heck is that smell! Pig Plant...all the locals just said it smells like money! Now we have Creekstone Beef and a modern plant that you can't smell. Yep, the steam engine is still there also.

·
Sleep...What’s That?
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great job. Unbeknownst to you, that young lad you are shooting with, is pushing you to shoot to your full potential. I have always found I shoot better when shooting with better shooters.

You'll be seeing that 75 patch on there before you know it.
Yea...I'm trying to keep up!

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
I shot my first 50 straight at the KTA Summer Handicap shoot yesterday. It was a great day…a little hot at 104 degrees with 60 percent humidity, but things were moving along smoothly and the A/C in the clubhouse was of great relief between events.

I struck up a friendship with a nice lady I met at a shoot a couple months ago who has her son shooting at the events. Her 13 year old son has out shot me at every event so far, but I think he must be my lucky rabbit’s foot because my first 25 happened when he was shooting in my squad as well. He still out-shoots me though…that’s fun to watch! It happened on my singles…I shot a 23-25-25-21...he shot a 97!

WooHoo!

Now that u have done it once it gets easier!

·
Sleep...What’s That?
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice effort, TinyL.

Iam here too. Who are you?
You at the shoot today? I was the guy with the light brown rugged gear cart. Red shirt and grey Tilly hat.

Managed to win my singles with a 95 today! My first win...although only 6 other shooters in my class...but I'm still stoked!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts