Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
When you guys say "wobble" do you mean the target height changes randomly but everything else (angles, speed) remains the same?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Height and angles are random, speed is a constant.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
we used to shoot Chinese Wobble Trap at a now closed club. Using the wobble trap on a skeet/trap lay over field. Use the wobble trap but shoot from the skeet positions. You have to shoot till you break the bird before you can move to the next position. Very hard game. In my much younger & faster days I shot a 23 out of 25. Not bragging but that is a bad ass score, & I am no bad ass. Blind squirrel found an acorn that day. Fun game, most days any thing over 16 was not bad at all. If you have a field layed out like that, try it.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I can’t get the old men to shoot it because they think it messes up their practice for registered. They are all in their 70’s and 80’s. Like it’s gonna matter! LOL!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I half you posted this today. I was going to start a post today asking about wobble as our club is goin to buy a new trap and I was going to try to talk them into getting a wobble trap. I was thinking that having the option would increase traffic to the club as no other clubs around us offer it. On trap night you could throw a round for anyone interested. I've shot it and just as everyone else it's a lot of fun.
They have it at Painted Post near Corning too. They have three tier stations, 6, 8, and the center station is 10 feet I believe. The trap is located directly under station 3, the 10 footer!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I shoot at a club for games night that uses a wobble and it’s great. We shoot protections and Calcutta’s using the wobble. One field is regular and one wobble. I used to be mostly a skeet and sporting shooter, so I really like it because it’s more my bread and butter. I shoot it with either a low gun or slightly unmounted gun for better target acquisition.

·
Registered
91 Posts
..... speed is a constant.
We put 5 turns on the main spring so the "speed is a constant" waaayyy past the 50 yard stake. We only shoot two shots from the 21 yd and back. When we shoot "Scrap" we have to break 2 before going to next station. First one out of shells buys the drinks. We also shoot double wobble from the 27. We do teams for this. You take the left one and I'll take the right one. Only one shot for this and switch sides when we change stations. Whole bunches of fun!

·
Registered
461 Posts
We shot a three man wobble oakley from the 27 last week for the last shoot. We'll have to see if it catches on and continues. I might try my 725 sporting instead of the kx5 and see how I fare. All fun.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you think wobble trap is fun try shooting wobble doubles. You do not know where the first target will come out. After you track it down
then you have to find the second target. On the low targets you will end up shooting the second target about 12 to 16 inches before
it hits the ground.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts