Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-
Shot a round of wobble trap today and boy was it fun! Do you all shoot wobble? how come is not more popular?
We had birds go way up and some that were barely off the grass! and you get two shots per bird.

Definitely will shoot it again.

jP

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree. Wobble puts a whole new spin on trapshooting especially with a 20 gauge. One of our local clubs even has a Wobble Trap League.

I believe that if clubs want to increase their income, they need to promote different types of leagues such as a 20 gauge pump Wobble League. For most people, I believe that the scores would take a “dip”, but just imagine how much fun you would have with this on a beautiful fall day. As the late BB King would say, “Let the good times roll”!

Dave

·
Registered
176 Posts
I believe it’s 18 yds
The interesting thing about Wobble is that there is nol rules making body except at the local club level. So anyway you want to structure the game/competition is good to go. one shot or two, 16 yds back to 27 or whatever your physical layout will accommodate. I would like to see someone shoot wobble scap from the skeet stations, talk about challenge!

·
Registered
329 Posts
We shoot it every weekend. We also shoot it from the skeet stations.

A lot of guys won't shoot it because they miss too many and it may hurt their reputation. :18:

·
Registered
656 Posts
My club’s wobble setup has two traps: one is stationary with the other wobbling. Makes for interesting doubles. Lots of fun.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
I really like to shoot wobble. It is one of the games that is fun for the usual shotgun target sports and hunters alike. I think it helps develop skills that are needed when shooting in gusty winds.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The club where I shoot put in a new machine last year that throws regular or wobble. Shot a couple rounds last year. I thought it was fun! Something different! They did a fall wobble league after the regular season was done. I didn’t participate cause I needed to spend time with my bow before deer hunting. Maybe this year.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
It's a fun game.

We used to shoot a league using the wobble trap, but we only got one shot at the bird.

Hauxfan!

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I half you posted this today. I was going to start a post today asking about wobble as our club is goin to buy a new trap and I was going to try to talk them into getting a wobble trap. I was thinking that having the option would increase traffic to the club as no other clubs around us offer it. On trap night you could throw a round for anyone interested. I've shot it and just as everyone else it's a lot of fun.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Wobble is great practice for windy day trap shooting. Our club ordered our Pat Trap with this feature. Offers a change of pace. Great too for games from 27 yard for protector or Oakley with chips. Great option for special shoot dates. Not an expensive option on a new Pat Trap.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Most traps will throw regular or wobble. We have two of them at our club, and one single or doubles. We're just going to start a wobble trap shoot. Ten bucks a round, four for birds and six for money back. 60% will go to high gun and 40% to a kitty where you draw a number between 1 and 25 and if you hit the bird for that number you're in a group to split the 40%. We'll then have a shoot off or something - not sure yet.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Sure it was fun. We’ve got two machines at our club that don’t seem to get set to “wobble” very often. I don’t know why, but I’ll do a round when it’s available. My only advice is hold a low gun, or you’ll miss the ones that go out flat.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts