Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Allegan County Conservation League will be having a calcutta on New Years Day 2016. We are working out the details for this years program and will have them finalized by next week. I will update this post as soon as we have them.

Thanks,

Joe M.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey Joe, maybe this wouldn't work for New Year's Day but I think it would be interesting to run either of the following sometime...

--- 100 bird event (if using two traps) - each shooter must shoot each yardage. Example...shooter #1 shoots the 23yd and 27yd...then, shooter #2 shoots the same yardages.

--- 150 bird event (if using three traps) - again, each shooter has to shoot each yardage. Maybe alternate the shooters for each sub-event. Example...shooter #1 shoots the 23yd, shooter #2 shoots the 25yd, #1 the 27yd, #2 the 23yd, #1 the 25yd, and finish with shooter #2 shooting the 27yd.

I would imagine there will be a good crowd next week. If you haven't already decided on a NYD program the shooters can share their thoughts then and possibly help with your New Year's Day planning.

Whatever program you decide I'll be looking forward to it. Thanks for your efforts!

SVV

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the program for the shoot, sorry for the delay. Thanks Steve for the ideas, we will keep them in mind for future calcuttas.

2016 New Years Day Calcutta
Allegan County Conservation League
2157 41st Street
Allegan, MI 49010
269-673-8116

1st Calcutta - 100 Bird Pick - 21/23/25/27yrds
2nd Calcutta - 50 Bird Draw - 25/27yrds

Protections Start at 10am and Signup for the 1st calcutta ends at Noon.

Lunch will be Roast Pork, Potatos, Green Bean Casserole, Baked Beans, and Rolls.
Bring a Dish/Dessert To Pass if you would like.

Hope to see everyone there...

Thanks,

Joe M.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks to everyone who helped make this shoot possible!

There were 5 squads on the first event with 95 being the top score (two teams.)
Second thru fourth place had scores of 94, 93 and 92.

There were 3 squads on the second event with 48 being the top score (again, 2 teams.)

I hope to see y'all at the next shoot...which should be at the Fennville club 1-10-16. I'm sure Cindy will post soon with the particulars.

BTW...Happy New Year to you all & I wish you a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2016!

Steve V V

1 - 6 of 6 Posts