Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had a great turnout today. Thanks go out to all the volunteers who helped make this shoot possible. Lampen, Jerry, Art, Bre, Eric, Garrett, Hayden, and the rest of the gang! Job well done!

We had 31 teams on the 1st Event and 23 teams on the second. Afterwards we shot three door shoots with shooting coming to an end around 8:30 PM.

I'll do my best to put together a report but I'm sure not taking over for our resident reporter, Steve Vv. I think he was just a little bit too envolved with the card game today.

1st Event Winners

pullbangloss_2008_030323.jpg

1st Event Charlie Purse Winners

pullbangloss_2008_030324.jpg

2nd Event Winners

pullbangloss_2008_030325.jpg

1st Door Shoot Winners

pullbangloss_2008_030326.jpg

2nd Door Shoot Winners

pullbangloss_2008_030327.jpg

3rd Door Shoot - Protection Winners

pullbangloss_2008_030328.jpg

Now I need a little break, this reporting is tough stuff! Misc. pics to follow.

Matt Ski

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pullbangloss_2008_030330.jpg

Brad and Clayton. One half of the 1st place winners. George Snellenberger and Buck R. tied but they decided to split. No guts! Great shooting guys!

pullbangloss_2008_030331.jpg

Here is Bob R. shooting with Rick S. Bob is the only known trapshooter to be sponsered by Schanz Supply. Rick/Tim, you guys may want to reconsider this one.

pullbangloss_2008_030332.jpg

Aaron and Bucky amazed at my dog Remington. I taught him to speak perfect English when he was a pup. I think Remington is telling them "Hey, give me some food."

pullbangloss_2008_030333.jpg

Two tough Indiana shooters. Chuck Elman and Chris.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pullbangloss_2008_030334.jpg

Terry Hayes getting a rummy lesson from the Worthingtons.

pullbangloss_2008_030335.jpg

Doc's reaction after finding out I won 2nd out right and he didn't buy me. (He always buys me!)

pullbangloss_2008_030336.jpg

George Snellenberger and Buck R. shooting a protection. They later tied and split 1st place in the 1st event. Great shooting! Who says youth prevails?

pullbangloss_2008_030337.jpg

The one, the only, George Snellenberger. Did I mention he is an ATA Hall of Famer?

pullbangloss_2008_030338.jpg

Harry L. and Doug S. after a victory in one of the early protections.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pullbangloss_2008_030339.jpg

Jay and the resident WMCC walleye expert Dale H. discussing strategy. They ended up tied for 3rd in the 1st event. We won't talk about the shoot off.

pullbangloss_2008_030340.jpg

Lampen and Jerry B. helping out at the club.

pullbangloss_2008_030341.jpg

Representatives from the Indiana L.O.F.T. Shooting Team Chapter. Pat, Aaron, Richie and the president himself Scott C.

pullbangloss_2008_030342.jpg

Here we have Hook trying to give Mark G., Kevin B., and Clayton some trapshooting tips.

pullbangloss_2008_030343.jpg

Mike B. and Tim S. warming up in an early protection.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pullbangloss_2008_030344.jpg

A packed house watching a squad shooting in the 1st event.

pullbangloss_2008_030345.jpg

Remington - the unofficial WMCC mascot.

pullbangloss_2008_030346.jpg

Rick Ski and Terry H. ready to shoot. Denny O. and Bucky await their target.

pullbangloss_2008_030347.jpg

Yet another trapshooting icon joining the fun had on the WMCC, Rick Jensen.

pullbangloss_2008_030348.jpg

The Schanz Supply crew got so tired of people asking about shot prices...well let's just say they decided to let the cat out of the bag.

pullbangloss_2008_030349.jpg

Rick S. wanting me to take a second picture to help spread the word on shot prices.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pullbangloss_2008_030350.jpg

Here we have the L.O.F.T. Shooting Team president, Scott C. and a future recruit Vern B.

pullbangloss_2008_030351.jpg

Our resident WMCC reporter Steve Vv. playing rummy with Jack P. and Hank. Vern is looking at Hank wondering what he's doing holding two spreads.

pullbangloss_2008_030352.jpg

There was a rumor circulating around the club that a team had shot a trap and managed to miss every target from post 3 making for the only "0" of the day. I sure wish I could remember who that team was????

pullbangloss_2008_030353.jpg

And how could we forget out honorary WMCC member Trapboy! You missed a good one!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again to the crew at Allegan for running a smooth shoot today. A special thanks to the LOFT Shooting Team for traveling from Indiana to participate in todays events. Glad to see everyone come out and play.

Next Sunday the regular WMCC schedule continues with Fennville. Hope everyone can make it.

By the way, Remington is sitting under my feet stinking up the house pretty good. I wonder if the baked beans Lampen fed him are starting to kick in!

Matt Ski

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I almost forgot to mention that BRIAN aka lostandout won the K-80 given away at todays shoot! Here I thought I had the winning ticket.

Brian, $3,500? Cash.

Your best bet would be sticking with that gun. Tough to beat.

Congrats!

Matt Ski

·
Registered
868 Posts
Matt

What a job,Steve is going to be jealous.All I can say is that we have two great reporters,we are vary lucky at the wmcc.See you at Ewardsburg if the snow quits.

hook

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Time to get rested up for another big day of shooting tomorrow. The Edwardsburg meat shoot should be a good one.

I'm also tired of smelling these farts Remington is letting loose of. Thanks for giving those baked beans to him...LAMPEN! Remember I don't get mad, I get even!

Matt Ski

·
Registered
831 Posts
Nice job of reporting Matt,...pictures are always great. You Michigan guys know how to do it up right.

Wayne Meyers

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wayne,

Your name actually came up in conversation yesterday. A guy by the name of Bentley was asking why you don't come over and play with us. I think you and Bill would make a great protection team.

Matt Ski

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks to everyone that came out, hopefully everyone had a good time.

Matt, thanks for the reporting, I forgot to take the scores home .

Mike

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Matt

Awesome job on pics,but I thought you changed your handle to Pullbangbanglost I'm still confused. Or was that Steve that changed it for you? I know your pain, Did I mention double gunning the Gold Bird, yes I did it.

Allegan Club Members

Even better than "Awesome" all went well and the bumps were all smoothed out.Allegan showed ttheir club can host a large shoot. My hat is off to all the members that worked so hard to pull it off, Looking forward to see what's next.( Great Job)

Have a good one

Don S.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.