Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at Allegan County Conservation League it was Cold,Windy,& Snowy but we still had a great turnout everybody just grabbed there winter gear and came on out,today started out with protections at 10am with 8 or 10 rounds being shot before the Calcutta sign up at 12noon ,a Big Thanks goes out to the trappers Bre Leeuw & Logan for there hard work in the cold weather round after round in the cold weather and also to the help at Allegan Gun Club Roger H,Greg H.,Ron,Scott E,and anybody I forgot you always put on a Great shoot,today for lunch was Lasanga and Garlic bread and desserts now lets see a few pics...

As you can see full squads and lots of targets being thrown today at Allegan even with all the snow everybody honing there skills for the big New Years Day shoot Jan 1st here at Allegan Gun Club so mark your calenders ...

We had the brother team of Brian & Mike Erlewein show up today to kick us around a bit ..

We also had Grandpa & Grandson team show up Perry Moore & Gage Kenyon ..

And a few pics from inside the club between rounds people warming up and telling stories of why they are missing targets today let me tell you I heard everything from Snow was in my eyes,Wrong Color Lens,I grabbed the wrong hat this morning,wrong shells,my shoe was untied,i even heard my long underwear was riding up into the unknown ,but what I didn't hear was darn I keep picking my head up or I stop swinging on the target, but you know us trapshooters it cant be us it has to be the gun or shells or something ...

And here is a pic of Gary Metheny just after I asked him if his partner in crime Randy Hook was coming today and he started laughing so hard my camera wouldn't even focus ....

And here we have Mike Bork trying to tell Tim Schanz his new fruitcake recipe for the holidays but he's not getting t much interest from Tim..

So Mike moves on to Rick Schanz trying to tell him the recipe but same response he would of been better off asking if the price of shot was coming down that would of got a response from both of them ....NO

And last but not least before we get to the Calcutta board is a good bubby we haven't seen in awhile Steve V.V. and I asked him why he didn't bring his little brother Matty Ski was he ice fishing or something and he just winked at me ,I asked what was that was for all he said was Matty would know ,nuff said lets get to the Calcutta board...

Today we had 4 squads for 16 teams in the first Calcutta ..

In first place with a 49 was Zack Marshall & Phil Jones ...

In second with a 48 was Greg Harris and Doc ...

In third we had 4 teams tied at 47 and Bob Richmond & Dan VH winning the shootoff..

And in fourth 4 teams tied at 46 and Harry L, and Buck R. winning that shootoff..

Great Shooting everybody....

And in the second Calcutta there was 12 teams 3 squads...

In fisrt place at 47 2 teams split Bob Richmond & Phil Jones and Ken Sims & Buck R...

In second another split at 46 Rick Schanz & Zack M and Larry F & Gary P ....

And in third Tim Schanz and Aaron....

Good shooting everyone and Thanks to Allegan Gun Club for another Great Shoot ...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Great "PICS" Doug and nice job on your report.

Yea it was cold but for the diehards it was the same o same o having fun shooting and being with friends.

Have a Merry Merry

Don S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts