Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering giving these wads a try. Has anyone tried these with 7/8oz. and 1oz. loads? Likes, dislikes? I now use TGT wads, Clays powder, STS hull, Rem 209p. Thanks, Wayne

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I've tried them and they worked well in my one oz loads. They cost a bit less than some other clones, too. The only drawback is one finger of this 8 pedal wad always wants to go up the shot drop tube on my MEC. I just have to watch it a bit closer. ...Bob_K...

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I don't like 8 Petal wads. They are a pain to load since they slow me down. I'd always be wondering if I loaded one with the petal up in the shot drop tube on my MEC. I like the K.I.S.S principle. Keep it simple. Four petals will do just fine for me. The WJ and clone wads I have tried worked OK, but really had little advantage over other wad designs. The cost might be a consideration, but for a couple of bucks more per case, I have four petals and less hassle. Of all the ones I did use, the original Jammers and the Downrange versions seemed decent. The Claybuster clone was pulling up the rear with a close third or fourth. That is based on velocity uniformity, informal pattern tests, and ease of loading. They also sometimes require a little more powder to attain the same velocities, so there really would be no savings in that case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.