Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,026 Posts
I did with my Ljutic. Bought it off Gooch at the Cardinal Center and walked directly to my bank and broke a 94. Took it home and it was shooting left and low. Adjusted then got a yard the following shoot.

·
Administrator
8,650 Posts
I have done that with a couple of shotguns that I have owned. One was a k 80 and the other a perazzi O/U with 34 in. Bl. Shot a 97 with the k 80 ....had the factory recoil pad....no fun there. The perazzi i shot 100 with. To me the 34 in. Over under got pretty heavey to point by the end of the day for doubles.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I picked up a shotgun some years ago and took it to a trapshoot without shooting it first. Ran a 50 straight with it out of 50 and won the shoot. Yes it can be done.
Had a very similar thing happen when I was a teenager.... My Dad asked me if I wanted to shoot a Super X that was for sale from a friend of his. I nonchalantly replied it didn't matter to me. If Dad wanted me to shoot the Super X seemed like a good idea I shoot it. Walked to the line for a 50 bird program (25 singles - 25 handicap). Ran 50 straight.

Needless to say we bought the gun. Sad part is, I never shot that gun well again.

Today, I would not shoot a program registered or not without putting some rounds through the gun. That's just me, and everyone is sure entitled to do what they wish. Good shooting to you all, Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
When they first came out with Stainless BT-99`s I bought one on a Saturday cleaned it up and put it in the case . Next day at a small club in Baldwin Ks shot 1 practice round then broke back to back 99`s in the 16`s . In all fairness though I was already shooting the same gun in the blued version so nothing really changed .

Reactions: buck3200

·
Registered
292 Posts
Got my K80 on a Friday, went to my first shoot and broke 98, 94 Saturday, 98, 94 Sunday singles, handicap...

Might as well!

By the way I ended up with a helluva bruise on my cheek... Still can't get than damn wood stock to fit right...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had a gun restocked and told the guy to leave comb way high and I would take it down to fit me. was at registered shoot when he brought it to me so took it out and shot it got a yard and never touched it

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Yes it happened to me.

At the Missouri State shoot, I bought a used TM-1.

Shot it on the next 16 yard event and ran a 99 with it.

Hauxfan!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts