Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For INFORMATION ONLY FOR THE UN-INTELLIGENT

With 3 hole targets we never had 35+ 200 straights for singles Championship.

With 3 hole handicap targets we never had numerous 100 straights throughout the week.

With 3 hole 52 yard targets we had higher payouts for high and Lewis Classes.

With 3 hole targets we had harder times breaking higher scores.

With 3 hole 52 yard targets we never had the same top shooters from the 27 yard line,or any other yard line.

With 3 hole 52 yard targets we had more short yardage winners.

With 3 hole 52 yard targets we did not have long yardage domininance, it was divided up more.

With 2 hole targets everything is too easy, no prestige.

With 2 hole targets perfection is expected.

These are just a few things that have stood out.

Gary Bryant

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
A day without an arguement, would be a day lost! Not for Gary..You had folks checking the obits..so quiet without you! Even if it was only for a couple of days....

Big Jack

·
Registered
64 Posts
Go to any shoot today and you will find 3 short yd. shooters to every 1 long yd. shooter. So what does your rambling prove? 2shot

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
My first 200 in the Clay Bird Championship at Vandalia there were 70 of us that went to the line that night...It was 3 hole targets then...The very next year, same event it was windy, and there were only 51 of us, again 3 hole targets...

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
If they are so damn easy for all these years and you are such a great shot how many 200's or even 100's have you posted??

Don

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
If the targets are so easy why aren't you a gah champion? hoa champion?

It really doesn't matter what hole or how far you throw the targets there will always be those who succeed and those who fall by the wayside.

I know that I will never have the talent of big Leo (god bless him) or Harlan,or others.

I do try to be the best I can be, I enjoy the people I meet as much maybe more as I do shooting 2,3, or 4 hole I don't care I'm here to shoot.

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Gary, (Dr Lonshot)

I have seen about every post you have put on TS.Com for a considerable length of time ... There have actually been some that made sense to a certain degree but you keep posting about what it was, not what it is ... You Have wasted a lot of time and energy bringing up issues that have been changed for what ever reason and will not be changed back for fear of driving shooters away ... Why don't you accept it for what it is and quit chirping about it ...
You are making yourself look like a complete fool by keeping harping about what we had and what we have ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
121 Posts
How many times do you have to kick that dead horse before you know it's dead?but then agian if they keep responding it's not dead

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
As the Old Man on Pawn Stars says ( Oh My GOD, You,ve got to be kidding me! ) Will he ever move from the past.

Gary answer the mans question. If they are so easy how many 200 hundreds and Championship rings do you have ?Grand American wins ?

I remember the 3 hole well and actually shot better on them as I am a very aggressive shooter .Also I know it will not change a thing.The good shooters will adapt and the struggling shooters will continue to struggle worse.

How long are you going beat this old horse.Man you need to find some nutty old lady to occupy some of your time.

Just poking at you Gary :) But really don't you think you have worn this one out.I think your hook has straightened and the fishing is going to be not so good.

TD

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Two Dogs, After doing some research on the Clay Target Championship Of North Amerca (1954 Grand) there were 3--200 straights. Julius Petty won with 25 straight on shootoff. 8--200 straights on the class Championship. Professionals had no 200 straights that year. 3 hole targets.

Clyde

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
"3 hole targets.....does that mean all of the targets are women?"

No it doesn't but your comment sure prove what your character is like. There are other family members that read these threads other than the real he-men that you are addressing.

Frankly I think your opinion of women sucks.

Bob Lawless

·
Vendor
19,362 Posts
A201. Would you tell me if my only 100 strate was recorded with 2 or 3 hole targets? It was 89 at the WI State shoot or perhaps a zone shoot at Waukesha that year. Someone will know. But I had forgotten about "trap reading". Yes, we could do that (to a degree). I was never good at it.

Thanks. Jack

1 - 20 of 78 Posts