Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....I'm going to be in Witchita over Memorial weekend for a Martina McBride concert and I was wondering where I can shoot that weekend in that area. Where is the club in that area, and do any of you shoot there? Thanks in advance. Lori

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
Home of the KTA. See the link. Great place to shoot.

Not sure if they have open shooting, but you might give them a call or send an e-mail.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did I mention that I'm going to be bringing two gorgeous women with me so that I can teach them how to shoot? Thanks Tim for the info....do you shoot there?

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
Only for the State Shoot.

I live on the Kansas side of the Kansas City metro area, which is a bit of a drive from Wichita.

While you're there, if you need any stock fitting advice, you might look up Greg Hissem. He lives in Wichita. One of the best.

Tim

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was kind of hoping to find somewhere to shoot on Saturday since I'll be flying home on Monday so that I can be back to work on Tuesday. Thanks guys for all of the advice so far.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I was just down their for Coaches schooling for ATA. Right next door from the KCA home grounds in another club and they do shoot on Saturday Morning. They are about 3/4 mile east of KCA home grounds About 20 miles or so north of Witchita, KS. I don't know if it is open to the public, but is a good shooting club and had about 30 to 40 persons shooting while I was taking instructions on Sat. Morn.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The club that Primedust is talking about is open to the public but if you are not a member you have to pay a $5 fee for the day. It used to be $5 as of a couple years ago; not sure if it has gone up or not. It is a nice club!! They also have skeet and a "bunker" type trap also.

This would be your best bet Cali.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I grew up there. Its my understand the old target park is open again, its down the street from the KTA. Also there is lynnbrook not to far from wichita, a bit east. other then that i am not sure, i used to shoot at target park and raytheon's club.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.