WOULD LIKE TO STAY AROUND $550,00 OR LESS, YOU ALL NOW SHELLS WENT UP
ANY INPUT OR SUGGESTIONS THANKS ONELEG , YEP GOT ONE LEG
LOOKED AT// STOEGER CONDOR
TRISTAR // HUNTER EX OR UPLAND HUNTER
ATI /AMERICAN TRACTICAL CAVALRY SVE
MOSSBERG LITTLE TO MUCH $$$$

Attachments

Premium Member
No offense to those you listed, they won't hold up to the volume of trapshooting. I would save a little more money and buy a used Browning.

Be nice Tron! 馃榾

Premium Member
I would really recommend that you save up more money and buy a better used shotgun. An older Browning would be a good choice. I understand money being tight. It took me a very long time to be able to buy a nice shotgun. The brands you mentioned will give you nothing but grief and a waste of money. I鈥檝e owned cheap guns like those listed and they won鈥檛 work for trap shooting.

Registered
First off Welcome to TS.com!!!

Keep shooting what you have. If you want to buy a target shotgun down the road, the cheapest entry level "Target Shotgun" is a Browning. They start at about $1,900 today. The CX model is there base model. You can find some used Browning's out there if you look around. Buy one with removeable chokes and a 32 inch barrel. Some of Browning's models that were made in the 90's can be had for about a $1,000 and up now, depending on condition. The shotgun is the cheapest aspect of the Clay Shooting Sports. Its paying the 12 to 15 bucks per round for targets and shells that cost the most. This money you never get back. Its gone forever out your barrel. If you buy a good browning shotgun. Say you pay 2 grand for it today. You shoot the heck out of it for 3 years and then sell it. You can sell it for say $1,650 bucks or so. So you lost about $115 bucks per year shooting it. I've spent that in a day of shooting for targets and shells. My point is your out very little cash. If you buy a good used browning shotgun. If you do your homework and buy it at a fair price. You can sell it in 2-3 years for what you paid for it. In most cases. So your out nothing. You can't do that with your Turkish imports. They break often, do not hold there value. Both will cost you big time. They are a very poor investment. Good Luck to Ya. and enjoy your Journey into the Clay Target Sports. break em all Jeff

Registered
Misspelling, check. ALL CAPS, CHECK. All the buzzwords known to set TS members off (Stoeger, TriStar, and a new one for a TRAP shotgun, ATI...) check. If he isn't a troll, he sure as hell didn't lurk before joining and posting.

Stop at your local "We lend money" shop, borrow $5000, and get a GOOD used or new Trap gun; BT99, Browning 725 Trap, Beretta 682/687/692, Maybe a used Perazzi MX-8, and even with the avaricious interest rate such places charge, you'll still be money, time, and heartache ahead over buying any of the shotguns you mentioned.

By the way, nothing wrong with using an autoloader for trap; just be sure you have a shell catcher, or at least a thick rubber band over the ejection port, so your hull doesn't sail out and hit someone, or their gun.

Registered
i would say just find a urika or benelli of some sort and leave it at that,if youre on a fixed income [for most anyway],
you wont be shooting any high volume of shells except here and there,and if so,you can just buy another upgrade later on,heck you might even get bored by then and lose interest,so for now an auto will be a do all nuff said peice.

Premium Member
Used Browning CX (or similar) is the way to go for you if you want an over under.
If you do not plan on shooting doubles, or can use your current autoloader to shoot doubles then a used BT-99 is the way to go.
In either case, even used, you are likely to be over your $550 budget, unfortunately.

Registered
First off Welcome to TS.com!!!

Keep shooting what you have. If you want to buy a target shotgun down the road, the cheapest entry level "Target Shotgun" is a Browning. They start at about $1,900 today. The CX model is there base model. You can find some used Browning's out there if you look around. Buy one with removeable chokes and a 32 inch barrel. Some of Browning's models that were made in the 90's can be had for about a $1,000 and up now, depending on condition. The shotgun is the cheapest aspect of the Clay Shooting Sports. Its paying the 12 to 15 bucks per round for targets and shells that cost the most. This money you never get back. Its gone forever out your barrel. If you buy a good browning shotgun. Say you pay 2 grand for it today. You shoot the heck out of it for 3 years and then sell it. You can sell it for say $1,650 bucks or so. So you lost about $115 bucks per year shooting it. My point is your out very little cash. If you buy a good used browning shotgun. If you do your homework and buy it at a fair price. You can sell it in 2-3 years for what you paid for it. In most cases. So your out nothing. You can't do that with your Turkish imports. They break often, do not hold there value. Both will cost you big time. They are a very poor investment. Good Luck to Ya. and enjoy your Journey into the Clay Target Sports. break em all Jeff
Best reply with proper details and analysis. Thanks for your input.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.