Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended the Wisconsin state shoot last week and want to thank all the people who worked so hard to make this shoot possible. I did not shoot up to my expectations but the shoot was well ran and I think that the directors and volunteers did a great job of making sure people were safe and still able to have fun, I know I sure did. The trap help were excellent and I tried to tell them how much we appreciated them being there every chance I got. My hats off to the WTA, job well done.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also shot the 2020 Wisconsin State and had a great experience. Well managed by the WTA folks. Once again this was a large shoot that proceeded with very few issues.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I shot all the events. Everything related to shooting ran quite smoothly. They unfortunately had to cancel all of their evening social events due to covid.

The one item I'd mention is their PA system needs a little work.

Overall, a great experience!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I was there for the first time and shot Wednesday on. The facility and the people running it are OUTSTANDING!!!. You have to remember that the grounds/buildings are fairly new and the WTA is still in the building/improvement stages. In talking to some of the help they have gotten an additional 40 acres on the west end and are planning on adding more fields. And they are well aware of the speaker system needs and will be addressing that. All it takes is time and money. The WTA has been fortunate to have interested people help them along the way and it shows. I will certainly be there again next year.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Super Moderator
3,270 Posts
Wisconsin has done a fantastic job with their homegrounds, especially considering the financial constraints since it's inception. Wing and a prayer, and they came through. Cheers to continued success!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Jimmy Bowen. Thanks for your kind remarks. The forty that was donated is on the east end. Towards Hyw 13. After having it surveyed they say there is room for 13 more traps. I guess they are planning on a few at a time which is smart. The need isn't great at the moment but if there is continued growth in a few years they will need a few.
When we built the Homegrounds we were hoping for growth but just not quit this quickly. At one point we had a option to purchase on the west end but that option has since past.
They are considering adding some camping in the area east of the main campgrounds on the other side of the driveway that we had planned for a campgrounds. Nothing like what we built already but would still possibly have water and electric.. That would help get some of the units out of the parking lot and allow for more parking which in some area's is needed.
Hope you come back next year.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I enjoyed my time there as well, even though I didn’t shoot as well as Mr. Bowen. It’s a great facility! My only suggestion for long term planning is to improve the parking situation. Since it’s reserved camping behind all of the traps, parking is a PIA. Maybe leave the back side of the drive open for parking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts