Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few pics of the view from the line at WTA! We had a good time shooting. Trap help was courteous and adequately trained. I love this place so much I'm a wanna be Wisconsinite! I have been up and down the line and I don't believe there is any field that has an advantageous background over another one.
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1259.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG
IMG_1261.JPG
IMG_1262.JPG

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Looks like a nice facility. Some pics or angles look a lot like the WSRC. I am thankful the shooters of Wisconsin have such a great facility to use.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes Matt , the WSRC served somewhat as a template. There are some differences , I do believe that the WTA home grounds is the most physically accurate and uniform positioned trap houses, per field. Lots of pains were taken to ensure quality. It is my home range away from home, I have made great friends there and many locals, great people, great area. I see it has received a lot of support and looking like it is on track. Fantastic job to all those involved!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thanks to all the fine help at the shoot. Lots to eat , EXLENT trap kids, Everyone was very helpful. Thanks to the ladies in the Squad and Cashiers pod. Had a great time. I do disagree on the banks I shot the last 2 traps on the west end and broke 197 nothing wrong with that
all the banks are great. With over 600 shooters Sat. it must mean they ARE doing something right. Can't wait for the next shoot( in Oct.) Hope to see you there. Gordy

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
On banks 30-29 two shooters ran the first hundred on Thursday morning,and they ended up with a 199 and a 197.
It is nice and shady at the west end.Nice to sit under the pines waiting for your squad to shoot.Did anyone notice there were no mosquitos.The people that ran the shoot did a great job and the targets were set very accurately from trap to trap.Squading,cashiering went very fast with no long lines.
They sure had a big beer tent....I guess it also doubled for some meeting on Friday morning for the WTA.Dual purpose is a good thing.Nice Place..

·
Registered
899 Posts
Did anyone notice there were no mosquitos
No there weren't. But I did have a butterfly flitter past the end of my barrel just as I called for a target. LOST. Then there was the dragon fly that buzzed the trap just as I called for a target. LOST. Then there was the fly that just would leave my barrel as I was preparing to call for a target. Finally killed the little guy. Got that Target.

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
Looks like a place I will put on my bucket list. Great pics . Any chance the campgrounds is set into the forrest ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes the campgrounds is full of nice shade trees and a shower house with restrooms as well very nice and it is getting better as time moves forward .
Come and try it out .
jdhog

·
Registered
683 Posts
I thought the kids did a nice job. They had obviously been trained well. One young man we had marking was very careful to make sure we could hear “get ready” and “lost”. So loud he was launching birds with the call! We complimented him and had him dial it back just a little. :) Nice targets, nice background.
We lucked out with the storm damage Friday night. I know someone with a home near by and he had some large trees down on and near his property.

·
Registered
66 Posts
KS-OKIE, you definitely need to put this one on your bucket list. You will love it there. There will be a few people there that you know, and you'll leave with a bunch of new friends.

·
Registered
951 Posts
You all say such nice things about the ladies in squading and cashiers office but what about us nice guy's in classification?

When we were designing the line we did use Sparta for some ideas but added in a few things for future use. Like skeet, more bunkers. We put a little more room between the main sidewalk and the 27 yard line. And it is really level. The shooter shade shelters are a little bigger than Sparta. The trees in the background are over 300 yards away and are not a problem at all.

The Clear Span building will have many uses. The picture with us seated near the door was taken during the annual meeting on Friday morning. The BOD is with their backs to the camera. I am the fifth from the right. We held the best perch fry around there on Friday night. The meet and greet on Thursday. It took mother nature's anger Friday night. 60 plus mph winds and rain and was smiling Saturday morning.

The campgrounds is one of the best in central Wisconsin. Full hookups, 50 amp service, water, sewer. Pull through sites. Laundry, showers, ATV wash site and septic dump site. For more information see our website. Witrapshooters.com or Homegrounds. com.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Don you are so right. The place is GREAT and it will get better with guys like you moving forward. I am proud to know you and the rest of the BOD. Even though you have retired from the BOD I know you will still be involved. Also Don thank your wife for the fine job she does as registered shoot coordinator.

Ken Cerney

1 - 20 of 59 Posts