Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking around on Google maps I noticed that there has been some updated views of the WTA home grounds. I appears that they were taken sometime after the state shoot. The trap houses are painted green, benches, gun racks, & scoring benches are still there. Trailers & tents are gone and the grounds are spotless.

The future bunker trap is located between traps 17 & 18. I shot the state shoot and the background is one of the best I've seen. Trap line is flat & straight as an arrow. I just hope they don't spoil it by making some of the fields a combination trap & skeet fields. If they are to add skeet fields they should put them as stand alone skeet fields on the other side of trap one. I always hated shooting trap on the combo fields that some clubs have. After all this is the Wisconsin Trapshooting Home Grounds.

The coordinates for Goole maps are: 44.235175,-89.820686

Enjoy, Willy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Neil

It's south of Wisconsin Rapids on hwy 13 between Akron Dr. & Akron Ave. On the west side of 13 maybe 7 to 10 miles south of Rapids.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just noticed something. Behind the bunker trap there are 5 concrete pads, 2 of them are on the post 3 trap walkways. What would they be used for? Because the bunker stations are in a straight line between the 16 yd. trap walks. Is this a new game that will be used on the bunker trap?

Willy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perry

Maybe you don't have the latest version of google maps. I'm using an android tablet. Haven't used my PC in a while, PC's might not have an upgrade?

Willy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unable to do a screen dump from my android. Otherwise I can show you like SW did. Maybe you can view it on a smart phone.

Willy

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
So.... Take three, I downloaded latest Google Maps on my daughters iPad and walla, there it is!

The extra concrete is for the skeet pads for International Skeet. I was told there will be portable skeet stations that will be moved into position over the bunker for USA Shooting events.

International Trap, Double Trap and International Skeet are the three disciplines in ISSF competitions.

I personally would have preferred stand-alone bunker rather than overlaid between two ATA traps, but it is WTA's decision as it is their facility.

SW

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry guys. I figured google maps were google maps no matter what you were on. Didn't work on my PC or on google earth either.

SW thanks for the info on the skeet fields. Looks like they are planning a total of 5 fields. Stations 1 & 5 are poured on four other trap fields.

Willy

·
Registered
701 Posts
It is interesting that Google must use two different data bases of earth images, one for connections via a browser on a PC/Mac and another for those connecting via a mobile device. Wonder why?

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Not on my google map either:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thanks everyone for your interest in the Wi. Homegrounds. My suggestion would be on next July 15th stop by and see it for your self. And bring a friend and your gun ofcourse.
By then there will be even more changes. The campgrounds will be finished. Hopefully the Training center will be finished too. It will be well on it's way anyway. The east vending sites will have full hook-ups. The shade canopy's for the shooters will be up. Alot of the work has been started but you wouldn't know it even if google took a picture today. Mother nature has the work covered in a blanket. A blanket of snow.
We are hoping to have the campgrounds open and running in May. So bring your camper or motorhome by and stay for awhile. Check us out before the State shoot.
Any questions give me a call or PM me or email me. My contact info is on our web site.

Don Mittag
WTA Director SE Zone.
[email protected]

·
Registered
951 Posts
Not sure if the DNR has paid for everything yet or not. Untill we are open it will only be open by appointment. I wouldn't think it would be before late spring. Until everything like the wiring, machine stands and I think the machines and so on are in place. Since there is no office it is a little difficult to run yet. I knew I shouldn't have said anything on this thread. It always goes side ways.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don, your not hijacking the thread. Anytime we can get any updates or future plans about our home grounds the shooters really appreciate it. So keep the information coming. If you have an android tablet or phone, maybe you should add the satellite view to the WTA site.

Thanks, Willy

·
Registered
951 Posts
Not my first reply it's where it went after that I felt hijacked the thread.

My IPhone and PC have the view without the up dated sat. view.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts