Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wisconsin State Team is posted on our Website. WWW.witrapshooters.com

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for post that MX2G. I'm just poor country boy.
I'm just the messenger. I didn't write the list.

·
Vendor
19,371 Posts
Don. Well let's see now... Any trip I might have planned for Ohio is out... So maybe I can get my car pointed to WI state. Then again, we have not had our Waukesha crowd start another bad BOD thread as yet. But they will. I['ll try Don.

Jack

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jack. We are the closest State shoot to you. Stop on by. I can't remember what you drink but I usually have a little Woodford Reserve bourbon in the truck and I'm sure I can find some ice.

Oh and bring some friends.

As for me getting bashed you haven't been paying attention. You missed a couple.

Don

·
Registered
171 Posts
Part of looking at the All State Team is seeing averages and then comparing yourself to your states best of the best. Only one word for not posting averages - laziness.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See what you started Jack.

Brad you need to talk to the person that does that and that is not me. Call your ATA delegate. Like most of the BOD he doesn't read this garbage. By posting your bithches here he never hears about it. And I won't pass it on either. Talk about laziness. Why is it that a few that like to piss and moan here have never talked to the correct person or director. Or picked up the phone and called a director. And I am not talking about you because you have actually talked to me once or twice and have emailed me. But what about the regular five or six that do nothing but bitch. Because it is easier to whine here on BS.com than to actually get grow a pair and talk to a director face to face.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm one of those that compares averages also. I understand it's not purely based on average, but it's a fun comparison.

That Demulling guy can shoot!

Good shooting, all!

·
Registered
188 Posts
C'mon guys, does the All State average's denote anything of value other than for the Men's and Women's teams top shooters that conform to the participation requirements set by the All State committee? It's not a comparison of the "Best of the Best" as Brad indicates....but rather the best of those that adhered to the strict requirements to be considered for the honor. Wisconsin, much like Minnesota and probably many other states, has a minimum number of in-state clubs a shooter must participate at as well as shooting the championship events at the Zone Shoot and State Shoot before being remotely elegible for nomination. There are some All American shooters that can't even make their State Team because of the minimum requirements. Meeting those minimums is, of course, left up to the individuals. Good, bad or indifferent, that's how the system is set up. Posting averages of those listed really is of no consequence and, in my opinion, of little to no value. Let the committee list what they want and we should congratulate those that take the effort to make the teams.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And Brad I won't make that mistake again. Then I will get bitched at for not getting information out. So what am supposed to do. You can see how this thead is going. Now it is turning into something about Ohio.

Gapper. For the last several years now it is strictly based on averages. Years ago it was more political. You could have had one of the top 5 averages and still not make the State team. So it was changed I would say around 15 years ago.

·
Registered
217 Posts
How is the High Average award factored? It appears Demulling has a higher HDCP average than Denman. Can you only have 1 high avg per person?

I have to agree with Swampjohn the requirements are strict. I read them on the witrapshooters site and it really isnt clear to me how all the stats apply.

/

·
Vendor
19,371 Posts
Ertz. Yes. You get it. And I'll keep saying it. But they will not get it. I'm in the process of finding a rentable trailer to pull to Owatonna, likely WI state too and MN State. You and your bride are shootin good. Keep it up.

jack

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Redscare. The high average awards are based totally on the INSTATE tagets shot. The min. instate listed on the Wisconsin web site are totally for the high average awards. So by looking at the ATA site average does nothing for the high average. You have to look at targets shot in state only. And even then you won't see them all because Reg. Leagues don't show up there.

If you would like a better explination of the State Team Requirements you can either call me or Rick Tesker who handles the picking of the teams and high average awards.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Jerry Demullig ia one great shooter as is his wife Cheryl. Also having shot with them both as well as Sara Link I can say they are great folks as well as shooters. Willing to help out others.
Tom

·
Registered
570 Posts
Don perhaps it would be a better Idea to post the requirements early in the year on the Bog and also send them with the calendar so that way everyone would be aware of the requirements. That might be a better idea that asking everyone to call with questions. Tom

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The requirements are posted on the web site year round. How would posting them on the blog or in the calendar be any better?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts