Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wirehaired Pointing Griffons, 4 1/2 weeks old, 3 males and 3 females, they are located in Montana, get the best breed and get all the phesants. Your wife will say this is the best house dog we have ever had,how come you only bought one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wirehaired Pointing Griffons, 4 1/2 weeks old, 3 males and 3 females, they are located in Montana, get the best breed and get all the phesants. Your wife will say this is the best house dog we have ever had,how come you only bought one.

·
Premium Member
10,340 Posts
lol

I would like to hear that recording "why did you buy only one"

Please play it

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS I have hunted over a couple of these that were good dogs and one did very well retrieving ducks also as well as upland- the ones I hunted over belonged to a guy that gets his from the sanctioned US breed club of America

·
Premium Member
10,340 Posts
lol

I would like to hear that recording "why did you buy only one"

Please play it

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS I have hunted over a couple of these that were good dogs and one did very well retrieving ducks also as well as upland- the ones I hunted over belonged to a guy that gets his from the sanctioned US breed club of America

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not a dog trainer. All I did was introduce them to birds, and they did the pointing and retrieving naturally. The pic. of the 3 pheasants are 3 birds that my female pointed out that my buddies well seasoned dogs ran right by. My male was not there that day but he can point and retrieve just as well as my female. They do a great job also retrieving geese.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not a dog trainer. All I did was introduce them to birds, and they did the pointing and retrieving naturally. The pic. of the 3 pheasants are 3 birds that my female pointed out that my buddies well seasoned dogs ran right by. My male was not there that day but he can point and retrieve just as well as my female. They do a great job also retrieving geese.

·
Registered
14,590 Posts
I had to put my 5 year old Drahthaar down a few months ago. Liver cancer. If I lived closer, it would be tempting.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I have run English Pointers, setters, and Springers for a lifetime. However, after six years with a Wirehair, I will have no other dog.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Wirehaired Pointing Griffons and German Wirehairs (Drahthaars) are two very different breeds. The Griffons are appreciably smaller and most are much shorter ranging. I have hunted with both and even showed a friend;s Griffon at Westminster (he won the breed). The Griffons I hunted with also had an unusual bounding gate. They are sweet dogs and easy to have around.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.