Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using a really nice silicone gun wipe that came with my gun and has company logo on it. I have used it for years, but it is getting worn out! Does anybody know who makes these cloths?? I tried talking to the Perazzi dealer where I purchased the gun, but he didn't know either. Thanks.

Jean

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Lots of companies make good silicone cloths. I have one from Hoppes that works great. I believe I saw some at Walmart too but don't recall the manufacturer.
grntitan_2009_2503303.jpg

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I kinda do the same thing as Mike but I use a chamois and spray it down with silicone as well as any petrol based oily spray I have on hand. I keep it in a Zip Lock bag and it seems to work like a charm. Others will do the same with a hank of fleece either the real thing or synthetic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone... I just really like the one I have because of the cool Perazzi logo on it..Any other ideas about where I can find these would be great. Sorry I don't have a picture of it. It is basically a yellow cloth with Perazzi in red accross the front.

J

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Fellow TS.comers

My name is Bob Gibson and I have been a regular poster on TS.com as I have been a rep in the firearms over the years for Mossberg, US Repeating Arms, Fiocchi ammunition, Mace and a number of other companies, including currently Negrini Gun Cases. i also attended 45 consecutive Grand Americans.

I am currently the sales manager for Johnston Bros Silicone cloths and have worked for the owner since 1985. We make all the cloths with the gun company logos as well as for about 4600 other dealers, gun clubs, shooting ranges, conservation organizations. We have made cloths for Perazzi,Krieghoff, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Colt, Glock Ljutic, Blaser, Beretta, Charter Arms, Sphinx Firearms, ATA, Ducks Unlimited,Friends Of NRA, NRA, US Secret Service, FBI Academy, US Marine Corp Shooting team, Grand American, PITA Grand etc.

All the cloths that we manufacture are sold directly to the factories as their logos are protected property.
We have attended the SHOT SHOW in Las Vegas since 1985 and each year we add new accounts and many new gun clubs. I would tell the original poster to this thread to call Perazzi USA and they could more than likely get him a PERAZZI cloth. Krieghoff International as well as Hal DuPont of duPont/Kerieghoff also buy cloths with their logo and sell them on their websites or over the phone with a call. Many of these fine guns are supplied witha logo'd cloth in the guncase at the original purchase.

I continue to add Gun clubs including Silver Dollar and Minute Man Sportsman's Club this year. One of the posters mentioned that our initial order is for 250 cloths and that is correct with your artwork. We use an automated machine that looks somewhat like the old hydro-Mec except instead of loading tools, it has a 700ºF Iron, to iron the logos on. These are not silk screened onto the cloths but this is an iron on transfer. The logo really holds up and like another poster, when the cloth dries out, I spray it with whatever gun goop i have laying around. My cloth is pretty dirty after 10 years in my Krieghoff case but the logo is still there.

Normally i would post this info in the For Sale thread but I thought I would answer the existing thread. I also contacted David about adding a banner ad to support the site. I hope to have that all completed by the first of the year.

If you want your club or organization to have their own logo'd silicone cloth please don't hesitate to contact me. Our website is www.customsiliconecloths.com and I may be reached best by e-mail at:

[email protected]

Thanks,

Bob Gibson
Charlotte, NC

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If you want an issue with rust--use silicone.
Nothing prevents like a light oil rub down of the barrel and adjacent pats.I learned this the hard way.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I use a natural lambs wool wipe holds any oil that you like lasts forever and gets in all those hard to reach spaces quickly. Keep in plastic bag in the gun case. I use Balistol on mine (everyone has their own oil that they prefer) as it will combine with moisture on the gun and becomes rust preventative. Can be used as a cutting oil when mixed with water.

If interested I have few untreated (everyone has their own oil they prefer) I can mail for a three bucks with postage.

Send PM if interested.

Rock

Jim

·
Registered
494 Posts
If the cloth is merely drying out and not torn or damaged, you could just spray it with Rem-Oil, BreakFree CLP, Krieghoff Gun Pro oil or any number of fine rust preventative products. Keep your cloth in it's original bag or Zip-loc bag and you should be good to go.

If you need or just happen to want a new cloth there are many sources for them. You could try Gamaleil Shooting Supply, Brownell's, MidwayUSA, Cabela's or just about any sporting goods store that sells firearms.

Of course, finding a cloth with the Perazzi logo will be challenging unless you can locate one for sale from a Perazzi dealer or the company.

Good luck!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Krieghoff sells a really nice gun rag that will last quite a long time. Not very expensive, order their gun grease while you are at it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I make them for Krieghoff International as well as Perazzi. Krieghoff usually has them for sale in their building at the Grand. Perazzi did for several years. I have made cloths for Breakfree, Rem-oil, and several other products. once my cloth dries out, spray whatever you like on the cloth. I'm more worried about the logos.

My cloths probably retail for under $5.00.

If any of you are at the SHOT SHOW stop by my booth #1306 for a free sample.

Bob Gibson
Johnston Bros.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts