Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post a thread applauding shooting trap in the winter.

I joined a club waaay up here that shoots EVERY week all year 'round when I moved north last spring.

It has proved to be just the cure for the wintertime no-shootin' blahs.

Surprisingly the scores have been pretty good too for the winter and old fashioned wide angle targets. [3-hole?]

Get out there if you can, there is life after summer.

Bill

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Slayer,
I know you're in Michigan. But where is far north? Also at what club do you shoot? I'm sure they could use a TS.Com plug.

Chuck

·
Registered
235 Posts
We are a small, 2 trap club in Pennsylvania. Not in the far north, but not in the south either. We usually are closed this time of year, but we joined a winter league last year and stayed open. Last night, with an impending winter storm heading this way, we had 13 squads at practice!!! Beats sitting at home. Targets in the air = Money in the bank.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I moved to the great city of Ocqueoc, Michigan and shoot at Cheboygan Sportsmans club. A balmy 4 above at 10 AM yesterday with sunshine. We can always put a squad together with a couple extra to pull and mark. And don't forget mans best friend for a handwarmer! Life is good! Chuckie you're supposed to visit, remember?

Bill

·
Registered
268 Posts
another nice winery club to shoot at is the \Osceola Rod and Gun club in Osceola Wisconsin have shot there at below zero temps in blizzards.. FUN

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Slayer,
I'll get there. I'm the President of Multi Lakes, in the far south of Commerce Twp., MI. (Oakland County) I've been busy enough with that so I haven't even been able to get up north to my cabin and snowmobile. But sooner or later I'll make it up there. Our winter SC league has 12 three man teamd, our winter trap and skeet leagues participation sucks. But our open practice on Thursdays Saturdays and Sundays is doing well.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
At the Minneapolis Gun Club we host Jackpot Trap ALL WINTER LONG. Snowstorm....we shoot. 15 below 0......we shoot. The weather will dictate how many shoot, anywhere from a handful to 100 entry's. After the 1st of December we award $100.00 for a 50 straight, 25 singles, 25 handicap. If you're in the area stop in.

ithacagrade_2008_0303102.jpg

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
691 Posts
Looks like Sycamore Ohio a couple weeks ago. The snow flakes were about as big as the targets, just sayin,not whining. lol Glenn Allison

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
I was just whining to my better half this morning - on how the weather has really dampened my shooting this year. After seeing this I'm changing my tune. MAYBE.

Thanks for the reminders anyhow.

Larry

·
Registered
180 Posts
I run the MLCA skeet and trap night league Chuck referred to above. The weather was -4 last night and the scores reflected it. It's a lot different shooting with a bunch of layers on.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
I know the Calgary Firearms Centre (Alberta) is open year round....it's the closest trap range to me that is open for winter shooting but it's a 2 hour drive...so haven't been there to shoot in the snow....yet...

Ron Burr

·
Registered
810 Posts
LOTS OF FUN !!! we all have our ideas of fun,that does kind of look like it! Im glad i don't shoot there, but I did shoot last night at negative 6 degrees in northern Ohio

1 - 20 of 21 Posts