Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Nebraska, I'd like to go south for just a month and do some trapshooting this winter. Before I was sidelined for 10 years due to health issues, I used to do the AZ winter chain shoots. Now, however, I'd like to travel a bit less and park our RV in one place for the month but still be able to shoot practice, registered, etc. I'd of course be willing to travel to shoots without the RV within reason.

Are there Clubs that are open for daily shooting and that we can park our RV at somewhere in TX or OK? If I can't find anything in these states I suppose I could go to Casa Grande or Tucson but I'd like to stay a bit closer to home.

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only someone from Nebraska would think it is warmer in Oklahoma in the winter. LOL
Ha ... ha ... Yeah, if it not snow blowing 40 mph sideways, and your not standing in 2 feet of snow, and the wind chill is above freezing, it is warm to me and I get the itch to shoot. Unfortunately, most folks stop shooting when it gets cold here.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
If you're looking to do something like the winter chain shoot in Arizona, then no. You can shoot but if you're looking to register birds 5 days a week then you're better off in Arizona or Florida.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're looking to do something like the winter chain shoot in Arizona, then no. You can shoot but if you're looking to register birds 5 days a week then you're better off in Arizona or Florida.
Quite frankly, I would be happy just shooting practice. No real desire to shoot registered unless that is all there is to do.
Do you have a club in TX that you could suggest that allows RV parking for a month and also offers shooting (practice or registered) several days a week?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
You may check out Metro Gun Club in Angleton, TX. I know they shoot marathons every Sunday (or most Sundays when there aren't larger shoots going on elsewhere). Fort Worth Trap and Skeet could also be a call worth making, I've shot registered there but I don't know what their winter schedule is like.

I can't speak to how up to date the contact information is on the TTA site though, someone else may chime in that is closer to that part of Texas.

Texas Trapshooting Clubs

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
NSSA/NSCA in San Antonio. Plenty of RV parking and you can shoot practice 4 days a week .

Ken Rucker
And there are plenty of things to do and great places to eat in San Antonio. I amend my original response to include the biggest range in Texas, which admittedly was kind of a huge oversight on my part. And you can shoot any game you want there.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! That give me several clubs to check out.

I love Texas ... always have. I've shot at San Antonio and loved all the things to do there. Also, Corpus Christi would be nice (didn't shoot in those days) but loved the Bay area things to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts