Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been some recent conversation on this site with good information regarding how to layer up for cold weather. Instead of layering up, I would like to buy a true competition shooting coat for winter conditions. By a true competition coat, I mean one with open top pockets that hold a box of shells such as a shooting vest has. My dealer has a few down coats with flaps over the pockets, but they aren't really set up for trap shooting. There used to be quite a few manufacturers offering coats, but my dealer says they don't make them anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
What us820 said.

The John Storm coat is a great coat. Get the zip out lining for winter and you're good to go.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I like my Beretta Down Shooting jacket. It is essentially a windproof, down filled shooting vest. It has twin unflapped top entry pockets with shell holders and enough space to hold a box of shells. It has duplex side opening breast pockets on each side. The outside entry pocket on each side has a flap and is designed to keep your hand warm between shots. The inside opening breast pocket is zipped and perfect for holding a handkerchief or a lens cleaning cloth. The rear pocket is for holding empties. It is full width and opens on either side.

this thread has a picture of it. http://www.trapshooters.com/webtv/cfpages/thread_archive.cfm?Threadid=246234&ShowDeleted=Yes&SortBy=DESC

BTW it is too warm to wear unless it is freezing or below.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts