Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOLKS ,
I"m looking for a good coat/jacket to trap shoot in the winter. I live in Southern NJ & shoot both in NJ & NE PA.
It was kind of chilly today. I would like something with a removeable liner so I could also wear it in weather like today ( 40 degrees ) Does anyone have a suggestion ? I do know that there are no bargins in outdoor gear , so I expect to pay for quality & I also expect to get quality. I don't want a coat that isn't really designed to shoot trap .
Thank you in advance for your time & help.
Merry Christmas & a Healthy New Year to all.
SOUP

·
Registered
40 Posts
I highly recommend buying a trap coat from John Storm. Just Google "John Storm Shooting Apparel" to get his website. John makes a quality product.

Larry

·
Registered
293 Posts
I use a Browning winter shooting jacket. I usually on lt wear a T shirt under it, and it's plenty warm.

I am located in Barrie ON Canada, where we know about snow and cold.We are getting a doozie today. Supposed to be 25-30 cm of snow.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Backfence still makes a made in the USA gore tec shooting coat. a wool shirt or light sweater is all you need to stay warm. Coats with nylon faced linners will move all over the place when you shoot in them.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have one that is made by Flyer Sportswear, it is large with zip out liner, water repellent, black, worn 3 times can not tell it from new, $120.00.
Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.