Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Remington Wingmaster 870TB. Just wondering what it's really worth. Didn't pay much for it but haven't been able to find a lot of info on it.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Great gun, wish I owned one. I sold my 870 collection years ago to someone who is in love with them or sold them to someone who is in love with them. I still own a 1970s Skeet that is kind of a cult gun.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I paid around $425 for one about 6 months ago. That is the give or take price on gun broker.

Remington made a number of grades, TA, TB, TC and some others.
From what I read on the interweb, TA was lower grade, TB had better wood and TC had better wood and a little bit different barrels.

Mine is in very good shape, but shoots a little flat compared to my Y Model 12.
I briefly thought about adding an adjustable comb, but it doesn't make sense to me to add $200 to a $400 gun and get a $500 gun.

I will probably just add stick on pad or let it roost in the safe.

regards,

Todd / Illinois

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
The T stands for trap model, and the B stands for what Remington called B grade wood, which was typically fancier grain that the standard grade of wood.
Some of the TB stocks had quite a bit fancier wood. TB's still had press checkering on the wood.

The TC model has a little fancier yet wood, TC's had cut checkering.

You might find the following link interesting: http://www.remingtonsociety.com/rsa/journals/870

As far as what is it worth, hard to say, price seems to vary some around the country, and it also depends a lot on the condition, and how much "customizing" the previous owner did, or not.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have seen them sell from 400 to 600 on Gunbroker over the last several months depending on condition. I have a TB and an 870 Competition and love them both. They will smoke targets when I do my part. I really think they are great guns for the money. Enjoy and shoot well.

TC

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
A TA will run around 450 or so. A TB will go in the 500 to maybe 550 in really good condition. The TCs have been running around 600 to a little higher. I saw one sell for 650 last week.

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
I recently bought back a very nice 870 TB in 99% condition with a Monte Carlo stock paying $500 to get it back. Fair deal for both seller and buyer. Regards, Ed. FWIW, pristine 870 TBs with MC stocks are kinda hard to find.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's worth as much as you're willing to pay. I had one a few years ago with really nice wood I paid about $550 for. Sold it like an idiot. Just got another with nice wood for $450. Best trap gun for the money IMO. Shoots great and looks even better.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I paid $300 about 15 years ago and still have it. I believe they had a TD, engraved, cut checkering, etc. and a "Tournament Grade". Real nice.

Mike Adcock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts