Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the windjammer 1oz wad work for 7/8oz loads? I can not find loads for this wad in any of my books, where can I get data for them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been loading 7/8 oz in the Windjammer II yellow wads for several years. They work fine in STS hulls and even better in AA's. The STS will dish the crimps a bit, but not enough to be concerned about. I have my MEC adjusted for a perfect STS hull so I get the AA's just a bit compressed.

I'm also a fan of the Downrange green 1 oz wad, but I haven't been able to make them work well for 7/8. I haven't tried their new wad. I have trouble getting Downrange locally. The WJII's are everywhere, and I can use them for both 7/8 & 1 oz.

IME,
JBear

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
jbmOU; Its the Downrange DRXXL wad in shocking pink. I use them in Rem. hulls and with 17.5 Clays in a MEC Grabber they crimp fine and shoot well. If the price of components keeps rising I will see how they work with a 3/4 oz. load soon. Good luck.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked on the downrange website and cannot find the XXL wad, is there another name for them?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Down Ranges site is so far out of date it is ridiculous. Go to Recobs Target Shop and you can see most of their wads.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info. I ordered 1000 XXL wads, I'll have to find a place near me that sell s them so I won't have to pay shipping and handling next time I get them.

Where can I get load data for these wads?
thanks, jamie

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The Pink is the 7/8 oz load XXL-7/8 which
fits the STS and AA.

According to the Downrange 2007 book, XXL Pink
uses Winchester WAA12L specs.

If you want to Download a copy of the 2007 booklet, clip on this
Link.

They run about $17 per 1000 plus shipping. Where are you located at jbmOU?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info. I am located in beaver county, pennsylvania, the shipping for the 1000 wads I ordered was about $10, I think the wads were about $17, like you said.

·
Registered
171 Posts
<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
</a>

Downrange Mfg.

XXL-pink for tapered hulls
XXL-orange for straight wall hulls

gcb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.