Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be shooting facing east and the winds are going to be in the 20s gusting to 30 from the NW. I'm assuming the targets are going to be affected but I'm not sure how affected they will be. Would the wind be moving them to the right? How about up or down?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Really watch all the other shooters target. I agree with jjhess, hold lower and really focus on the bird.

Wind gusts are the worst. All you can do is guess where the target will be and shoot there.

Hopefully every squad has to shoot in the same conditions.

Jason

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really watch all the other shooters target. I agree with jjhess, hold lower and really focus on the bird.

Wind gusts are the worst. All you can do is guess where the target will be and shoot there.

Hopefully every squad has to shoot in the same conditions.

Jason
That's what I'm going to have to tell myself mentally that everyone is dealing with the same conditions. Looks like it will affect handicap and doubles the most. Argh!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
"Wind is your friend". "Wind, the great equalizer". Keep your wood on the wood, hold on the house for those birds that suddenly drop low after exiting the house. Pretend the wobble option was turned on.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm dreading this. NW 20 G40 now. Ugh!
I’ll play Devil’s advocate here…you’re now dreading the shoot as you say. It’s in your head now and at this point I don’t know if you can clear it. Why not just skip the shooting? Save the money and shells? There’s more shooting to be done a different day where your confidence is better

1 - 13 of 13 Posts