Trapshooters Forum banner

Winchester Universal shells

2520 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Pen25
Anyone ever reload the winchester universal shells? I know they probabaly were not meant to reload, but I have done some with the same componets as my winAA shells. Does anyone have any thoughts on these shells. I mean heck if ya can reload once, it's not all bad.

Steve
Anyone ever reload the winchester universal shells? I know they probabaly were not meant to reload, but I have done some with the same componets as my winAA shells. Does anyone have any thoughts on these shells. I mean heck if ya can reload once, it's not all bad.

Steve
See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,188 Posts
Are you really that desperate for hulls? We have a few people at the club that reload Federal Top Guns, but nobody reloads Winchester Universals. You need to do some dumpster diving at your local club. All the Remington target hulls are a better choice than any other steel based hull. Mark

· Registered
3,448 Posts
SLK SLK: Sure you can load them. I loaded up a few just for giggles some time back...and I know other guys who load them regularly. They work fine. If I recall, I used a AA recipe.

· Registered
662 Posts
Corey

We were putting on a rock shoot for a father/son weekend at a bible camp. The shells were all new fresh out of the box. No reloads were used that day. It is just not worth the risk to use reloads with non experienced shooters. Paul in GINebraska.

· Registered
2,125 Posts
slkslk if you need once fired GC's and want to pay postage, I'll send you some to keep yourself reloading. Personally I hate to see you reload such junk as that. Just PM me.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the replys. I do have lots of old style winAA. I tend to get cheep sometimes and pick up shells at the range, and think I should shoot the cheepies up before shooting my good ones. The reasoning behind the madness is I hord the good ones for that just in case day that may never come when we can't get ammo.
I sure did not like the looks of that shell that came apart. That could really be harmfull if not paying attention with a semi auto.

Steve

· Registered
63 Posts
they work fine. use the same recipe as aa. i dont like to reload more then 1 or 2 times. when i am low on gc's i will pick up a couple hundred of these until i replenish my stocks. but then again i also make sure i check the bases.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.