Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had success with a Win SX2 with factory slug barrel? I picked up an SX2 a couple years ago that I otherwise love. It came with a slug barrel and I can't make it shoot a group any tighter than about 12". At first I thought it was the scope I had. Then I took the scope off and was using open sights. Even at 25 yards it doesn't shoot any sort of group. And yes, I know how to shoot. :) Just curious if it's just a lemon or what? The gun shoots great with the regular barrel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of ammo have you tried?
Just about everything I can find. It is a rifled barrel so obviously slugs for rifled barrels. For the life of me I can't imagine what would make a barrel so inaccurate. I have to believe there is something wrong with the interface to the receiver.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ive had problems with plastic fowling from sabot slugs. Builds up fast and destroys accuracy. There is a solvent that cuts the stuff but Im not home and cant remember what it is.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive had problems with plastic fowling from sabot slugs. Builds up fast and destroys accuracy. There is a solvent that cuts the stuff but Im not home and cant remember what it is.
Hmmm. That's a thought. The barrel looks fairly clean but maybe I'll try that. It couldn't hurt. I've never seen any barrel that throws such a wild pattern.

·
Registered
8,171 Posts
When I was on the hunt for a slug gun I looked int this set up. What I found was kind of messy.

The set up I looked at was said to be factory. It was in the box which held everything in a nice package. What I found was the regular barrel has a locator pin on the bottom of the barrel that slides into a slot in the receiver. The slug barrel did not have that pin and I thought the probability of it moving was greater than the the barrel remaining locked in place. I did not buy it because of this.

Of course, yours may be different but give it a look.

EDIT: Also, look inside to make sure the barrel is fully seated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts