Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Winchester SX2 and and SX3; during cleaning I see an O-ring in the barrel hanger, that is for sealing for the piston action gasses, so I presume anyway. I have looked on Brownell's, Midway USA, and Mid-West Gun Works and cannot find replacement O-rings for them - maybe I am putting in the wrong search criteria. Anybody know what I need to do to find them?

· Registered
36,815 Posts
You should be able to find suitable O rings at places like ACE or True Value hardware. I found some for my Velocity XLR5 at one of these.
Diameter and thickness of the ring are all you need to match.

· Registered
Perazzi TMS/Browning Recoilless
1,572 Posts
I have a SX3 and a Browning Silver which is basically the same gun, neither have an O ring in em.
I have an SX3 20ga and yes there is an o-ring in the barrel hanger. Not sure what its made of or if it's removable but it is definitely there. Looks to be made of rubber like an 1100 o-ring.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Audio equipment Wood

· Registered
Perazzi TMS/Browning Recoilless
1,572 Posts
that's the one I am talking about.
Is your barrel hard to remove and put back on? Mine needs to be pounded on with a rubber mallet to seat the last inch and takes a hell of of alot of prying and pulling to remove. I think that o-ring is part of the issue. Any SX1's I owned were the same way too though I did not need tools to remove or put the barrel back on like this one. The browning silver I had was easy to do but this SX3 is the worst by far of any autoloader I've owned for stripping and cleaning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.