Trapshooters Forum banner

winchester superx gold scroll trap 98%whats worth

3847 Views 33 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  BigM-Perazzi
I was looking at a super x 1 trap with gold scrolling that was 98% ... wasnt a early gun or a late gun with choke tubes... no box.Ive looked on gun broker.. guns american and just didnt see them going for big bucks...So whats it worth?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
I've never seen one from the factory that had gold scrolling. There are some DU models with a gold medallion, and a few that had special order engraving with gold wildlife. And none came with removable choke tubes. This gun sounds as if it has be modified from original factory specifications, but, without pictures, there is no way to identify what it is.
Jack

· Banned
405 Posts
Some of these guns have killer wood. That could push the value up to $1,000.

Several years ago these guns were going for $1,000 MINIMUM. I have gotten a couple in the $600 - $700 range off the Internet this past year but those deals seem to drying up. There seems to be sort of an epidemic of people getting turned on to them. Tell them to buy A400's or something. :)

· Registered
122 Posts
Steve, I'll post a picture so all can see what you missed out on. This picture is actually a picture of the receiver that is on the internet, so the gold is NOT just on my gun. Maybe the SX1 experts can chime in on this. The only reason I listed the gun as 98% is because the butt pad had been updated/replaced, otherwise the gun is 99+%. I will upload actual pictures tomorrow when I bring my camera home. Bet someone out there will be interested in this for $1,150.

· Registered
441 Posts
Certainly not a 99% gun. Perhaps in the 94% range. The gold paint is nothing special. You buy the kit from Brownells and do-it-yourself. It is not factory and does not add any value to the Super X. For most it would de-value the gun. I personally would scrub the scroll work with acetone before trying to seriously sell the gun. It is an early serial Super X with a Stage One trigger. The rib will most likely have the undesireable screw at the end. The wood is nothing special and does not show much or any fancy grain. Also has an aftermarket non-original recoil pad, and the grip cap has been removed. The original target forend is gone and a field grade forend has been put in its place. From the looks of the bolt release button it appears to have been shot a lot, so at the least, the mag tube will most likely need to be replaced along with the bolt buffer. That is all I can tell from looking at the pictures. There are better examples to be had, I would personally pass on this one at anything over $450.00, including shipping and FFL transfer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.