Trapshooters Forum banner

Winchester superx 1

2534 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Ahab
How much are super 1 traps 85-90% going for??theres one in a local pawn shop for $700... good deal or not ??
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
405 Posts
Unlike with the 101, there was no Field Grade Trap and Pigeon/Diamond Grade Trap in the Super Xs. If a Super X says "Trap" on the box or barrel it is a Trap Grade, and all Trap Grades had the scrolling on the receiver.

I don't see how someone can say these are "great guns and hold up well" but are not worth $700. ??? I paid more than that for the last 90% Trap Grade Super X1 I bought and have turned down offers from people looking to buy it for what I paid. I also have a friend who hits gun shows all over the country and he says he almost never sees a good condition SX1 for sale at a show any more. I'm sure there are still people selling 90% Traps for $600 in gun shows somewhere but you are darned lucky if you get to them first.

· Registered
441 Posts
Not all Trap Grades had scrolling. The very late XTR Trap guns were slick sided and had gold triggers. They have some of the best wood I have ever seen on a Super X Trap guns. I know because I bought one from JCPennys in Columbus, Ms in 1982. I still have that gun, NIB, never fired, never assembled. Still have the sales receipt. I think mine is worth a little more than $700.00.

· Registered
396 Posts
I bought one (SX-1 Trap) at a pawn shop in New Orleans for $250. They did not know what they had. As a testament to how good the Winchester barrels on the SX-1 are, I took it squirrel hunting one day and killed a squirrel with it at 75 yards away and it was up in a very tall tree. I used Federal copper plated #4 buffered magnums. He was at the base of the tree when I got there. SX-1s have tremendous barrels. Probably some of the best ever made.

Hit 'em hard,

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.