Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the value of a NIB w/ box Super X 1 30" full Trap w/ Monte Carlo stock (nicely figured wood)?
Late model gun 82k serial # without rolled engraving. Has the gold trigger and factory SS mag tube.
Thanks.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Your Winchester Super-X is a parts clean up gun by Winchester by the serial number. Demand for the "Quality" built Winchester shotguns has fallen off, just like Model 12 shotguns.

Value and a realistic sales price are two different $$ numbers. Sales price likely in the $1,200.00 range to the right buyer.

The bolt buffer in the back of the receiver should be replaced....NO way it's still functional and why take the risk for a rear banged up receiver.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Not sure if I'm going to shoot it or pass it along as is. I knew about the buffer and put a new one in. The old one cracked and fell apart when removing it. I was interested in the lower recoil (currently shooting a model 12 trap and a Ljutic monogun) but not sure about what to do about a shell catcher.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Thanks for the response. Not sure if I'm going to shoot it or pass it along as is. I knew about the buffer and put a new one in. The old one cracked and fell apart when removing it. I was interested in the lower recoil (currently shooting a model 12 trap and a Ljutic monogun) but not sure about what to do about a shell catcher.
If you're shooting a Mono gun and you want lower recoil look into a Dynokic. Sweet shotgun and the recoil is amazing.
As far as the SX1 in my opinion $1000 tops and that's on the high end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buffer is a Nu-Line, the black one. Went in fine with a wood dowel after i dug out the pieces of the original one. Got a couple extra o rings too.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Your Winchester Super-X is a parts clean up gun by Winchester by the serial number. Demand for the "Quality" built Winchester shotguns has fallen off, just like Model 12 shotguns.

Value and a realistic sales price are two different $$ numbers. Sales price likely in the $1,200.00 range to the right buyer.

The bolt buffer in the back of the receiver should be replaced....NO way it's still functional and why take the risk for a rear banged up receiver.
You know your Super-X's, I shot them back in the day too, you right they have gone the same path as model 12's. The 82k serial # range should have all the fire control updates, their were 3 or 4 most early production during front bolt rib models. I talked with a shooter the other day, still had 8 of them and boxed parts too as can't sell them just too much of a hit.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
You know your Super-X's, I shot them back in the day too, you right they have gone the same path as model 12's. The 82k serial # range should have all the fire control updates, their were 3 or 4 most early production during front bolt rib models. I talked with a shooter the other day, still had 8 of them and boxed parts too as can't sell them just too much of a hit.
I can totally relate --- having some of the older (great) stuff is like having a state of the art, tricked out 4-barrel carburetor and trying to sell it to one of the new-day street racers...…..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the opinions. That's about what I paid. I think I'll put a new softer Kick eez pad on it and shoot it some. The original pad is hard as a brick!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts